81. Scandal - pt. 3

______________

| January 14th, Thursday, 2021 |

Surely, Annie's day wouldn't go so nicely after getting into a scandal, let alone a dating one.

Just five minutes after she met her actual boyfriend inside the studio, she got a call from Yujin. It was time to explain herself to the company.

"...for God's sake, if you were going to date at least make sure you don't get caught!"

"Where were you two when she was meeting him?"

She stood in silence as the older people talked (yelled).

"I...I left the girls with Dongchul to get them some food."

All eyes turned to him.

"I told her to wait for me because I was busy! But she couldn't stay without her phone for a few seconds, so she grabbed the car key and went on her own."

Dongchul spoke frustrated and Annie couldn't help but let out a scoff.

"Is there something funny, Annie?"

A man with greyish hair and rectangular glasses asked.

Now it's the time you're supposed to "respect your elders" and say "no", then agree with your manager and get in trouble instead of him.

"There is, actually."

Annie locked eyes with her male manager, just to see despair in his eyes.

"...that day, I asked Dongchul to go with me towards the car because I forgot my phone. He refused at first, saying I should wait until the ceremony was over, but I said it was important so he agreed. Just as we were about to go down, he met a woman...an old friend, I assume. He then gave me the keys and aske- no, pressured me to go on my own."

As if I would protect this man's career.

The room got silent.

Annie pretended not to see the looks she was getting from Yujin and the glares from Dongchul.

"Dongchul? Is that true?"

A younger woman from the marketing team asked.

"Partially, yes."

Annie let out a quiet laugh.

"Well, it's useless to question that now. Annie, you should've known better than to meet your boyfriend in the middle of a parking lot filled with cameras."

"He's not my bo-"

"We should discuss whether to confirm it or hide it. Heesoo, do you think admitting their relationship would do us any good?"

"But we're not-"

"It will definitely bring attention to the group. We could say they broke up in a month, but I doubt HYBE would agree."

The idol let her body fall to the back of the chair.

Why were they making things harder? Isn't the rule number one to listen to your artist first?

"Yujin, have you talked with them yet? What did they say?"

"They decided to follow what their artist wants."