38. But why?

____________________________

| November 24th, Tuesday, 2020 |

"Is something bothering you? You usually write the lyrics like- twenty minutes after I give you a topline."

  Han asked.

  The two were inside of his studio. They met during lunch and decided to spend some time together while also being productive - except Annie wasn't doing that.

"If someone who never compliments you say you look extra pretty that day, what would you think?"

  That sentence wasn't going to leave her mind anytime soon.

"Uh...that I'm extra pretty that day? So much that that person felt the need to say it out loud."

He's not the type to do that though.

Plus, there's nothing special about me today.

"What if like...that person doesn't like you? And you barely interact?"

  Annie tried her best not to make it obvious who were the two involved.

"Uhm...a compliment even if they don't like me? I'd think they want something from me."

That makes sense.

But what does he want? I gave him the hoodie already.

Did I forget something? I said thank you too.

"Ham?"

"Oh, alright, thank you."

And why would he storm out? Was I rude? No, not at all...

"Haerim!"

  She blinked because of the sudden yell.

"What?"

"What happened? Who said that to you?"

  Han lowered his tone again.

Ain't no way I'm telling him, I'd have to explain everything else and I certainly don't feel like it.

"Uh...I saw this anti account post a picture of me saying I looked extra pretty today."

  She spoke with such honesty anyone would believe in a second.

"Eh!? Well, I guess you won their heart then."

"What!?"

"I mean, if they used to hate you but now they're posting your pictures and saying you look not only pretty but extra pretty..."

  He reasoned, moving his hands to better represent the situation.

That's also not the case...

"But then- then they deleted the post and went back to cursing me out!"

  Even Annie was surprised by her capacity to create a perfect lie.

"Now that's odd."

  The two spent almost an entire minute in silence.

"I guess they wanted to keep the act? Because, honestly, there's no reason for someone to hate you, so they're just doing it for the attention. On the other hand, no one can deny that you look, uhm, kind of good today..."

  As Han spoke, his ears were slowly filled with the red color.

  Hearing those words, Annie actually stopped questioning her colleague's actions. There was no reason to spend so much time on it, plus, Han really made her feel better not only about that, but negative comments in general.

"Thank you, Ji."

  She smiled, and so did he.

  But of course, that wasn't enough for these friends. Annie opened her arms wide, making Han get up from the chair and walk to the sofa, hugging her tightly.

"Woah, it's been so long since I've hugged you!"

  He said, still not letting go.

"We literally hugged yesterday when I greeted you."

"Not like this!"

  They laughed, quickly losing balance and falling on the sofa.

"Can we stay like this?"

  Han asked and, although his face wasn't clear, Annie could tell he was pouting.

"Nope, we have work to do, get up!"

"I finished my part!"

  He whined.

"Well, good for you, but I'm behind."

  Annie softly let go, making her friend dramatically fall with the rest of his body on the sofa.

"You're mean."

"Love you too, squirrel."

________________________________