43. Conversations with my brother

_______________________

| December 10th, Thursday, 2020 |

After finding out who Lee Know truly liked (according to her), Annie started to pay more attention to him and his surroundings.

She noticed how he'd always try to hold Hannie's hands when they went home late at night. She noticed he'd always buy the boy drinks and snacks. She noticed how his eyes sparkled whenever the younger one was speaking. She noticed how he'd patiently teach Han a step over and over again without complaining. She also noticed how often he smiled and laughed with the latter. She noticed how much he loved him.

But that was bad. Because that meant Annie realized how kind and caring Lee Know was, and she was falling harder every day. But she couldn't, she shouldn't. He was in love with someone else and that someone was her friend, her male friend too.

Still, what could she possibly do? It's not like our feelings have an "on and off" switch button - things would be much easier if that were the case. She needed to talk to someone about it.

"It's been awhile since I've come here...woah, you changed a lot of things."

Annie walked through the living room, noticing the sofas were displayed in a different way from before, the TV wasn't the same and there were a few new plants and frames.

The kitchen was pretty much the same: very modern, all white with a built-in stove and two high stools, except the balcony was now filled with gadgets and machines.

"Your room is still the same, don't worry."

Hyoseop laughed while taking grape juice out of the fridge.

"Really? I wouldn't be mad if you changed it, though. You've always been good at designing."

Annie filled half of the glass with the drink, bringing it to her mouth while shrugging.

"Thank you. Now, what brings you here? If you wanted to talk in private it must be something serious."

The girl slowly put the glass down, avoiding his gaze.

"Haerim. What's wrong? Is it about your label mates? Are they bothering you again?"

"No...things are fine now. It's not a big deal, really."

Her brother only nodded, not wanting to pressure her too much.

"...I need love advice."

Annie mumbled, gulping half of the juice right after.

"What advice?"

"I said I need love advice."

She spoke clearly this time, although the language had to be changed for her to feel comfortable.

"Oh. Eh!? Oh God. It's finally time! Well, I did help you out with that kid back in Canada bu-"

"We don't talk about that."

The girl glared, embarrassed by her stupid childhood crush.

"Alright, alright. But how can I help you? You know I broke up this year, right?"

He chuckled awkwardly.

Hyoseop had dated an ex member of 9Muses for 2 years and the two decided to go public last year. As expected, they got some backlash, but it soon died down and fans became very supportive. However, Hyoseop started to get really popular and so, got a lot of work. Not wanting to neglect his girlfriend, he talked it out and decided to stay just friends. His heart still beats a little faster when he sees Hyemi on TV, but that's a secret between him and himself.

"You're my best shot, come on."

"Shoot your shot, then."

He signed for the girl to keep going.

"Okay, I'm gonna make this quick. I may like this guy but I'm pretty sure he likes my friend...my male friend."

Hyoseop's lips formed a big and round 'O', which was quickly covered by his hands.

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

"Uh...that sucks."

"Wow, thank you for the great advice, I appreciate it."

She gave him a thumbs up, smiling although her eyes showed the opposite.

Being a good sibling, Hyeoseop laughed.

"Sorry. Uhm, what makes you think he likes the other guy? And what makes you think he likes boys only?"

That's...a good question.

Why am I so bothered by the fact he likes a guy? As if that stops him from liking a girl?

"I say you should first see if your friend likes him back. If not, then it's time to take some action! Get that man!"

Hold on.

Jaein.

"What if my other friend also likes him? Isn't it bad to go after him without her knowing?"

"What's wrong with that? Sis, do you think I told all of Hyemi's fanboys that I was going to court her? No one is going to wait for you, Annie, put yourself first."

"Put yourself first."

I will.

From now on, I will.

__________________________