63. Oh no! How sad!

______________________________

| January 2nd, Friday, 2021 |

How nice it is to be called by your boss on your break, huh?

  Yeah, Lee Know and Annie can tell.

  While Annie had to postpone her outing with old friends Jimin and Chungha, Lee Know couldn't take the bus to his hometown.

  Why, you ask? Well, there was an article about the two and it was steaming some discussion on the Korean community. 

  Oh, no no, it wasn't about a dating rumour. It was, in fact, about the two hating each other – yes, once again.

  The article contained a video taken by a fan on the New Year countdown, capturing what was, apparently, Lee Know passing by Annie without greeting her, and the girl glaring back.

  There were also a few posts on social media talking about how they heard a JYPE manager scolding two idols for fighting at the music station.

"You know? I'm not asking you two to become best friends. Goddamn, you two don't even need to get along! But be professional in front of cameras! Wasn't that the first thing you learned before becoming an idol?"

One of the older managers spoke.

"We can't just end it with a choreography video this time, people won't fall for it."

Someone from the marketing team commented.

"We need to show how close they are by interactions."

"What about that invitation to the MMTG show that we refused because it wouldn't be a good promotion?"

The same person suggested. 

"What was the casting again?"

"Give me a minute, please."

  As the woman searched for the paper, the room was heavily silent.

  Annie and Lee Know would give each other glances from time to time and, despite the situation being rather funny at first, they felt extremely guilty now. The whole company had to solve a crisis because of their supposed hate towards each other.

  But it's not like they could go "Hey, that's a misunderstanding, Annie broke her contract and we're actually dating" either.

"Minnie from (G)idle and Seungkwan from Seventeen. Y from Golden Child was also invited but Woolim didn't confirm it."

Sungyoon? He doesn't seem like the type to engage in these kinds of shows though...

Did he get in trouble like us?

"It seems like a great opportunity, give them a call."

As the manager ordered, some of the staff hesitated. 

"What's wrong?"

"It's just that...they actually invited Lee Know and Jaein..."

Oh, damn.

  The manager glanced at Annie.

"You two can go, but stay at the company...and for the sake of God, don't cause any trouble. "

  The idols bowed to everyone before leaving and going straight to the resting room, seated on puffs opposite to each other, phones in hands.

|"I don't know if I should be glad or disappointed"

|"How come everyone thinks we hate each other?"

"Well, we did act hostile for like 2 years so"|

|"True"

|"But for the record, you were always the one starting the fights"

  Annie looked up from her phone, questioning the boy with big facial expressions. 

"Anyway"|

"I heard you had to refund your bus ticket? When are you going?"|

|"There won't be anyone home during the weekend, so Monday I guess"

"Does that mean you'll be alone at the dorm?"|

Lee Know averted his gaze towards Annie, staring at her for a few seconds before the corners of his lips lifted. She was too focused on the messaging app to notice, though.

|"Why? You wanna visit?"

"Yeah?"|

"Ah"|

"I'm being rude inviting myself"|

"I'm sorry"|

"You're not being rude! I'm all in!"

He spoke loudly from the other side, making her giggle.

"You're cute" – She typed out, but deleted before sending.

"I'm free tomorrow, so you can call me whenever"|

|"I will, for sure"

"Minho! We gotta go."

His manager appeared at the door, making him get up.

He slightly bowed to Annie and walked away from the room.

The girl then looked at her phone again, re-reading their messages with a smile on her face.

Wait.

That means we're having our first actual date tomorrow!

"And at his dorm too, what the hell!"

What are his plans?

No, no, I was the one who gave the idea...

Am I supposed to plan the date then!?

Without thinking twice, Annie dialled her brother's number while she walked to her studio.

If there was someone who knew everything about home dates, that was him.

____________________