67. Festival Night

________________

| January 5th, Tuesday, 2021 |

If our main character were to give you a tip, it'd be "don't stay out the whole day with your family if you have a show to MC the next day", you'll be drained.

No one forced her to go, though! Actually, Annie's family insisted they should call it a day right after they had an afternoon snack, but the girl wanted to have fun at the beach so they ended up going back to the hotel past nine.

Also, she did have plenty of sleep, nearly nine hours. But it turns out Annie is quite an interesting human being when it comes to sleep. Sometimes she's extremely energised after sleeping for four hours, and other times – like today –, she feels exhausted even though she slept relatively well.

Hence why she was drinking an iced americano despite her allergy.

"Why would her manager allow that?" well, she didn't. It was too late when Yujin found out.

"Take your pills and then we'll say hi to the other MC."

"Yes, ma'am!"

Annie saluted her manager before doing as asked.

"Hey, Yujin."

"Hm?"

"You'll stay with me there, right? You won't leave me alone with him so we can get to know each other better or something like that, right?"

The girl questioned as they walked, tone slightly unsteady.

"Of course I won't! What manager leaves their star alone?"

You always leave me alone with stray kids...

"...But why? Did something happen between you two? I don't recall you meeting him."

"I haven't, I just heard he's not very...gentleman-like. I heard a few of his songs too, they're pretty aggressive...in a bad way."

Of course Annie wouldn't stay beside someone she doesn't know for 3 hours, so she searched about him. "LuCky" is the rapper's name. Being the gen Z she is, Annie searched his name on Twitter first, and guess what? There was a thread cancelling him for being racially ignorant, objectifying women in his songs and also trying to be touchy with a few actresses.

It was too late to say she didn't want to do it anymore, so the only thing Annie could do was hope that was all in the past and he had become a decent human being now.

"I can't be around when the festival starts, but if he does anything tell the security immediately, alright? We can say you didn't feel well or something."

Annie looked surprised at her manager.

Yujin was truly different. If she had said the same thing to Dongchul, he'd say to just bear with it until it was over.

"Thanks, Yujin."

"Come on, you know you're my little sister. Let's go?"

They both smiled before entering the waiting room.

"Hello, I'm your partner for tonight. I'm Annie from Flashlight."

She bowed.

"Hey! Wassup? Call me Lucky. Nice to meet you."

He offered a hand and she shook it.

"I hope we can get along well and finish the show without any problems."

Annie grinned and glanced at her manager, who immediately understood.

"Annie should finish doing her makeup now."

"Ah, of course! See you later."

● ● ● ● ●

The Festival was reaching its end and Annie couldn't be happier. She had found her boyfriend in the audience right as it started thanks to his very detailed description of his clothes and seat, so they'd glance at each other from time to time.

Also, her partner LuCky had been behaving oddly nice, so that was great. He did try to whisper something in her ear once, but the girl turned to greet her fans before he approached.

"...we hope everyone had a lot of fun! Because we did, right, Annie?"

"Yeah! It was so fun to become an MC for this International Festival and I hope to see you all again next year!"

"Goodbye everyone!"

The two waved to the camera with big smiles on their faces until the big panel started showing the artists.

"Your English is really good, did you take extra classes?"

LuCky asked after they left the hall.

I was the only one who did previous research?

"Oh...thanks. I grew up in Canada, that's why."

"Cool! We should stay in touch, what's your number?"

The rapper handed her his phone.

"Ah...sorry, I can't."

She bowed awkwardly.

Where's Yujin??

"Why? Your boyfriend doesn't like it?"

He joked and Annie shook her hand in denial.

"I don't have a boyfriend! It's because I'm still a rookie, you know? Can't get caught in rumours..."

Once again the girl brushed it off with an awkward laugh.

"Rumours? Dating rumours? Ha, don't worry, you're not my type."

What?

"...I'm interested in your teammate Jaein though, so if you could hook me up with her..."

Woah...

"Sorry, I can't."

Annie bowed once again, despite wanting to walk away.

"It's just a number, I won't talk with you ever again. I'm sure your friend would love to have some fun with me."

He grinned proudly.

"If you want it that much then ask it yourself...although you're clearly not her type either."

Spotting her manager at the end of the corridor, Annie went to her after slightly nodding to pretend she still respected the guy.

Assholes really don't change, huh?

__________________________