76. Don't tease the teaser

______________

| January 12th, Tuesday, 2021 |

Is there a saying about getting more energy when you're dating?

If not, Ahn Haerim was about to create one. Usually, the girl would be the first to jump on the van and get the seat at the furthest back so she'd be able to sleep all the way until the dormitory...just so she could sleep more there.

But not now! She couldn't fall asleep when there was someone waiting for her.

"Anyone going back to the company?"

Dongchul asked from the driver's seat.

"Who would go back past eleven?"

Boram asked quietly.

"Me! I need to do something."

"You!?"

The rest of the group turned to her with disbelief in their eyes.

"What do you need to do? Can't you leave it for tomorrow? You have a schedule in the morning."

Yujin questioned with a motherly tone.

"It won't take long! The award show gave me a lot of ideas and I feel like they'd be wasted if I don't go to the studio now."

"Ah, alright."

Everyone besides Boram nodded.

This excuse always worked, but it always took a bit more to convince the maknae. Boram was a producer herself, she knew most of the time they'd just record whatever they thought on the voice notes app and head to the studio later. It's not like they could go there every time an idea popped up.

"I'll explain later, I promise."

Annie whispered to the friend beside her.

"You're not going to do anything wrong, are you?"

"No, of course not!"

Well, maybe yes.

"I trust you, Rim."

Annie pouted, feeling her heart getting warmer.

"Love you, honey pie."

Boram hid a smile.

The rest of the ride was rather quiet. Boram and Jaein were sleeping, Remi was playing games on her phone and Annie was looking outside the window, appreciating the night view since she couldn't bring herself to sleep.

"Don't take too long. Be home by 1 a.m, try to find someone to go with you or call me and I'll pick you up. Text me when you're leaving and when you get to the dorm, understand?"

Yujin was outside of the van with Annie, who smiled shyly.

"Yes, mum."

The manager didn't even bother to fight, she was used to it.

"Good night."

"See you soon, An!" "Bye!"

The group bid their goodbyes and Annie finally entered the company.

While hopping like a little girl, she followed the familiar path that took her to her own studio. She stopped in front of the door and knocked it four times in a melody before opening.

"Hi!"

"Oh my, your hair looks so cool in person!"

Minho walked to her with a huge smile.

"I know, right? Do you want to touch it?"

"Is that your way of asking for headpats?"

She pouted.

"Don't I deserve them?"

"Of course you do! You deserve way more."

He squished her cheeks before patting her head lightly.

"... You did amazing today, congrats."

His hand went down her hair, stopping on the back of her neck while his thumb caressed her chin.

"Thanks... but you can be honest, your performance was the best of the night."

"I mean..."

Minho suppressed a laugh.

She rolled her eyes before grabbing his free hand and taking them to the sofa. Just as he sat down, Annie used his chest as a pillow.

Despite the silence, they felt extremely comfortable. The couple didn't feel the need to spend the whole time talking or use every time they had to hook up. Surely, they had had a few moments of lust, but they had learned how to enjoy each other's presences without doing much – and, at least for Annie, that was the best relationship.

"Has anyone ever told you you give very nice hugs?"

Minho suddenly asked after she wrapped her arms around his waist.

"Not really, I don't hug many people. I hug Jisungie a lot but he never told me that."

He let out a dry laugh.

"Do you say that to make me jealous? I don't get jealous of Hannie anymore, he knows about us."

"Oh~ really?"

She spoke in a teasing tone, earning a simple nod in response.

"I'm going to test that out, then."

"I dare you."

Annie bit her lower lip.

"What? You said you're not jealous! What would you do about it?"

"I'll certainly do something."

The girl chuckled.

"I really enjoyed what you did the last time you said that."

She said, recalling the day their lips touched for the first time.

"I'm gonna do worse, then."

She immediately turned her head, being faced with an eyebrow raise paired with a subtle smirk.

Oh my God.

What did I just put myself into?

____________________