47. Awaken

________________________

| December 19th, Saturday 2020 |

  Today was one of those days that Annie couldn't wait to go to sleep. The girls had a pre-recording for one of the Christmas festivals that will be aired next week. Being rookies, FLASHLIGHT had to be there extremely early: a little before eight.

  While the youngest two talked with the camera in the waiting room, Annie took the opportunity to work on music. One thing she learned from her sunbae Bangchan was that producing in music stations was actually really satisfying.

"Hey. I'm getting a drink, you wanna come?"

  Jaein sat beside her.

"Oh, sure. I was actually in need of something to keep me awake."

  Annie smiled, it had been awhile since the two had spent time together on their own and getting some fresh air would be good too.

  As they left the room, a staff member followed.

"It's Jaein and Annie, everyone! We're going to get something to drink while we wait for our turn to record."

  The brunette talked with the camera.

"What do you want?"

  Annie turned to her leader once they reached the vending machine.

"Hm...a matcha latte!"

"And...a lemon tea for me."

  She put the money in and pressed the buttons, waiting for the drinks to fall out.

"Thanks, Rim!"

  The girl smiled, opening her bottle while turning to walk away.

"Ah! I'm going to say hi to Minnie, wanna come?"

  Jaein remembered after seeing her friend appear on the television next to them.

"I'll go back to the waiting room, but have fun!"

"Alright, see you later!"

  The camera pictured Annie one last time before following the oldest.

"Maybe I should walk around for a bit..."

  Instead of turning to the corridor that led to their waiting room, Annie chose the one opposite to it.

"I really hope I don't get lost."

Are Changbin and Yeonjun here already? We agreed to hang out a little.

Maybe I should call them.

  She took her phone out of the pocket, now completely focused on the device, forgetting about her surroundings.

Ah...TXT is only coming after lunch...

"Oh! Stray Kids is here alread- ow!"

  Annie winced, head hitting what seemed to be a piece of metal.

"Yes, we are."

  Minho raised both eyebrows with a proud grin.

"O-Oh. Sorry."

  The girl stepped back, rubbing her forehead.

"Are you okay?"

  He asked, a sheepishly smile on his face.

God, how come I always embarrass myself in front of those I like?

"Yeah..."

  Annie looked up, but soon regretted her decision.

  Staring at his face, she was reminded of what happened two days ago. How his pretty lips appeared to be just the right match for hers and how his soft hand fit perfectly onto the crook of her neck.

  And, most importantly, how she still wanted more.

"You're making it a little too obvious."

  She heard him say, a cocky smile visible.

"What?"

"That you've fallen for me."

  Annie scoffed, looking around while searching for a decent comeback.

"In your dreams!"

Pathetic, Haerim.

  The boy laughed loudly.

"What was it again? 'Don't you dare apologise', did you think you were filming a drama?"

  Her whole face turned a bright red, no foundation had enough coverage to hide that embarrassment.

"What about you, then, huh? 'You should stop before I do something'."

  She mocked, putting her hands and pretending to surrender to those words.

If I'm going down then you're going with me.

  Lee Know bit his lip, the suppressed grin becoming a smirk.

"Alright, I see."

  He nodded slowly, hands still in pocket as he took a step to the front, slightly bending down to reach her ear.

"Now, why don't we stop being immature and act like real adults, hm?"

  Annie's pupils dilated at the sudden low whisper, hot air blowing on her skin. She felt chills going down her spine, making it impossible for a single muscle to be moved.

  Weren't they just fighting? How could he turn the subject of their conversation just like that? How could he just say such a thing in the middle of a music station? Or worse, why was she actually glad he did?

"When are you recording?"

  Minho straightened his posture, allowing the girl to breathe with ease now.

"What?"

"It's 9:13 am right now. I'm guessing you've gone through rehearsal already, so, when are you recording?"

  She blinked one, two, three times. It was impossible to figure what was going on in that man's head and how he could change up so fast.

"Uh...it's at 10 am."

"Great. Let's go."

  Before Annie could even open her mouth to ask about their destination, he had already grabbed her hand and started walking towards God knows where.

__________________________