73. Another one

_________________

| January 12th, Tuesday, 2021 |

It was a snowy morning, one of those that makes you want to stay home watching movies and eating snacks the whole day - with some hot chocolate, of course. Sadly, it wasn't like that to K-pop idols.

The members of FLASHLIGHT had been practising since 8 a.m., their last practice before the award show on Wednesday. This performance was a bit more special, though. Alongside the Rookie of The Year nomination, Annie had also been nominated for Producer of The Year - yes, again - so she was feeling nervous and oddly hopeful this time.

If she does get the prize, she'll step on stage on her own, and the general public will get to know SPIKE's face for the first time ever. The girl had joked about how she'd reveal herself as SPIKE on a big scale while winning a prize before with Hannie years ago.

Right, Hannie.

Aside from short greetings, Han and Annie hadn't talked since that day.

However, the girl believed it was a coincidence. Stray Kids was recording a TV show in another city during the weekend, and they only came back yesterday, going straight to practice after. Her group was also really busy preparing for the award show, so they didn't have much free time.

Did she still get texts from her boyfriend despite his busy schedule? Yes, but that's different. First of all, you can stay days without texting your best friend and your friendship isn't affected a bit - Yeonjun was real proof of that. Second, Minho was a very swee- annoying boyfriend.

So, everything was fine, or at least thinking like that made her life easier.

"An, do you turn on 7 or 8?"

"Me?"

She counted the steps quietly.

"7."

"Okie! Hey, An, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah?"

Remi made sure their leader was distracted before getting closer.

"Are you perhaps in a fling?"

"What!?"

The girl yelled so loud that even the cleaning lady in the hallway turned her head to check if something was wrong.

"Why are you overreacting!? It's normal!"

She complained with a pout, and just by seeing that expression, Annie knew something wasn't adding up.

"Katsuno Rise, do you have any idea of what you just said?"

The younger one tilted her head.

"Do you realise you just asked me if I've been having casual sex with someone?"

Annie questioned in Japanese so it was sure her friend would understand. Judging by how much bigger her eyes opened, she guessed she had.

"Oh my- I'm sorry, I meant to ask if you were flirting with someone, you know? Have a thing?"

Annie sighed.