37. Coffee

____________________________

| November 24th, Tuesday, 2020 |

  It was close to 10 A.M when Annie woke up, feeling oddly great. Her hair was naturally shiny, showing how healthy it was, despite being bleached and dyed pink. Her skincare seemed to be working pretty well too, as there was no sign of acne or dryness.

  Putting on a nice, cozy black and white outfit, she got ready to eat outside.

  Not forgetting to put Lee Know's hoodie inside her bag, of course.

● ● ● ● ●

"Good morning! I'd like a lemon kombucha and this sandwich, please."

  She pointed at the bread filled with tomatoes, lettuce and some kind of protein.

"Is that all?"

"Y- oh! And three chocolate chip cookies for takeaway, please."

Remi would probably love a snack now.

Maybe...?

"And an iced americano, also for takeaway."

"That will be $23,76, ma'am."

  While waiting for her order, Annie thought about how to approach Lee Know without sounding nervous, awkward or cold.

  Spoiler: she got nowhere.

"Thank you!"

  After quickly eating her breakfast, the girl headed to the company. First, she'd hand the cookies to Remi, then, search for Lee Know.

  The first task shouldn't be that hard, as it was pretty obvious where her friend would be.

"Woah, they taste so good! Thank you, Rim!"

  Annie smiled seeing her enjoy the cookie like it was the tastiest food in the whole world.

"But will you be fine?"

Huh?

Because I bought cookies?

Noticing the confusion in her friend's eyes, Remi pointed at the drink she was holding.

"Oh, this isn't mine."

"No way! I wasn't the only one you bought something for?"

  She joked, feeling betrayed.

"It's for Hannie, you know he loves it."

"Is that for him too?"

  This time, Remi tried to identify what was inside the slightly open bag.

Oh shi-

"Ye..ah! He lent me his hoodie the other day, I'm giving it back."

"Oh, got it."

"Well, I'm going to find him before the ice melts, good luck with your practice!"

  Annie waved and walked away in hopes to find Lee Know before the coffee turned watery.

  The worst thing about people still thinking they hate each other is that she couldn't ask anyone where he was - someone would probably think they were about to fight.

Here? I've seen him practice here before...

There he is.

"Practice rooms are meant for practicing."

She mocked the elder, seeing how he was laying down on the sofa, typing something.

"I was texting someone important."

  Annie slyly glanced at his phone screen, recognizing the white and blue from the Bubble app.

  He really likes them.

"Why are you here? Missed me?"

  Lee Know fixed his position, raising the corner of his lips.

"Never. Here."

"Oh, thanks."

He took the bag and looked at her one more time.

"Ignoring your allergy?"

  The idol directed his gaze towards the cup.

"It's yours. Good luck with your practice...if you actually start it."

  As Annie was about to step outside the room, Lee Know spoke.

"You're going on a date again?"

  She stepped back, turning to him in confusion.

"No...why?"

"Nothing, you just look extra pretty today."

  While he turned to the front, the girl's body stood still, except for her eyes.

"Are you sick?"

  Annie walked to him, ready to check his temperature.

"The hell!? Go away!"

"Why the hell did you compliment me!? Are you planning to run away? Did someone threaten you? Or worse?"

  Lee Know's lips stayed slightly apart while he stared in awe at the girl.

"Why are you mad!? I literally complimented you!!"

"Exactly!"

  He scoffed, getting up and leaving the room.

What's up with him?

Oh. Is it because I bought him coffee?

  Letting the topic aside, Annie decided to spend the rest of her morning inside the studio. The day started amazing and nothing was going to ruin it.

_____________________________