71. A difficult decision

_____________________

| January 8th, Friday, 2021 |

  It was almost time. Annie and Minho had agreed on meeting during lunch time under the excuse they needed to practise more. Being two very hardworking main dancers, no one suspected them.

Aside from Bangchan, of course. He was informed beforehand that the couple planned to talk.

The two closed the practice room's door and sat down on the sofa, facing each other.

"So..."

Annie started, slightly awkward.

"Uh..."

Minho scratched his forehead, thinking about how to approach the subject.

"Why are you hesitating so much? Are you gonna break up with me or something?"

She forced a laugh.

"No! I'd never do that...I think."

He mumbled the last sentence and, thankfully, the girl didn't understand.

Minho had thought about it during the night. Although he had told himself his love was too strong to give up just to be nice, he would break up with her if their relationship hurt his friend. Maybe they could keep being friends, but he was not going to replace Hannie for Annie.

"...So? Did something happen after I left yesterday?"

The girl asked, she was aware they didn't have much time to talk.

"Well, Hannie arrived."

"Right..."

"And he laid on my bed."

She kept staring at him, failing to see the problem.

"...and he was able to tell that the sheets smelled like you."

"What!? How?"

"I don't know, maybe because you too are very clingy to each other."

Minho raised both eyebrows.

Of course he was jealous, but he couldn't complain about it, he wasn't about to tell his girlfriend she could only be close to him and no one else – he hated people like that.

"Ah...it makes sense...so? What did you say?"

She smiled timidly.

"Nothing, I guess he didn't question much since he knows we're not close."

Annie nodded, waiting for him to point out the motive for today's discussion.

Minho took a deep breath before finally letting out.

"The thing is I'm pretty sure he likes you and I'm not blaming you or anything, I know you don't like him and you probably didn't know but– but he's pretty much in love with you and it hurts me to know I'm dating you without his awareness so– so I want to tell him."

He rushed the words out before letting another big amount of air out.

"Oh."

Oh.

Annie wasn't that senseless. She had thought about the possibility of Han liking her before, he always gave small signs. At first, she thought it was too narcissistic of her to have such a thought but then, she believed it was better to just act like friends whether he liked her or not.