Chapter 1

Joclyn's POV:

   There was only one emotion I was feeling right now. Fear. It slithered its way up my back and sent chills down my spine.

It was 3:37, but I was supposed to be home at 3:35. I would get a horrible punishment today.

Dang it, Joc! Why did you stop to give that lady some money!

I was freaking out. I knew what happens if I disobey the rules. The scar running down my back explains it.

I took a turn and walked onto the street the orphanage was on. The orphanage was the 5th building down.

That's right. I'm an 'orphan'. I was 4 when they just dropped me in front of the door (in the pouring rain) and made a run for it. I still remember their faces clearly due to all the nightmares I have at night.

I never understood why they left me. They were loving parents one day and then the next they decided to just abandon me with nothing except my clothes I was wearing and my teddy bear Mr. Snuffles.

I still remember that day. My dad had gone to his job and my mom and I were playing hide and seek when suddenly the door opened and in came my father drenched with rain water and with a sorrowful face. He and my mom went into the kitchen and talked about something. All I heard was bits and pieces of their conversation.

"What! No! She's only 4!" yelled my mom.

"I'm sorry honey, but it's the only way to keep her safe," my dad replied calmly even though I heard his voice crack. I heard my mom sobbing and my dad trying to console her. They came out with them both having puffy, red eyes.

"Joc, would you like to go out and get some ice cream?" My dad said softly.

Me being a 4 year old, trusted them and ran to the car with Mr. Snuffles in my hand, only to realize that we weren't going to the ice cream parlor, but to an orphanage.

I was confused when we stopped in front of an old ratty building instead of the colorful ice cream shop. My parents got out and unbuckled me from my car seat. Right now they both had tears dripping down their face which confused me a lot. They both held my hands and in the pouring and thundering rain, we walked up the steps. On the last step, they turned to me and knelt down to my size.

"Honey, we want you to know that we will always love you and when the time comes, we'll come and get you okay?" They didn't let me answer. They kissed my forehead and then rang the doorbell. Then they both ran into the safety of the car and drove away while I stood there sobbing and getting drenched in the rain. Every time the thunder crackled, I flinched due to my fear of them since I was a little baby. In my head, I kept thinking of what I did wrong to deserve this punishment. I thought about leaving only to realize I had no idea where my house was.

After waiting for 5 minutes a big muscled man came out and looked at me in disgust. Wordlessly, he dragged me into the dark house with such a force, I had gotten bruises. From that day on I was made into a slave and abused almost every single day.

My parents never came back for me. I prayed every single night for 3 years, but I knew at seven that they weren't going to come. Now 10 years later I'm still stuck in that horrid house. I still have some hope that one day they'll come for me or that one day I'll see them somewhere and they'll take me away and shower me with love, but I know that after 13 years it won't come true.

You may be thinking why not just leave and now go find your house, I did that once. Not only was I abused that day, but I realized that they moved away.

I was broken out of my reverie when I reached the first step. Oh god please let me live today ... or not. It's not like anyone would care. Shaking out of my thought I shakily climbed up the stairs. Before I could even reach the last step the door was flung open and out came an angry caretaker.

Shoot, I was going to die.

Okay well that was my first chapter!!! Yay! I thought I was going to forget, but I didn't. So did you like it or nah!

Vote❤️

Comment❤️

Share❤️

Thanks for reading!!!!