Chapter 17

So the cover contest is officially closed, but don't sweat it if you made one and it didn't get entered. I'll have another one soon. I know. It's been like a decade since I updated and I'm soooo sorry. So I tried to make this a long chapter. I'm going back and editing my cringy chapters so they aren't that cringy.

Not edited so feel free to point out any mistakes (besides me) and this chapter is very short!!!!

Warning ⚠️ there are some triggering things in this chapter.

Joclyn's POV

I looked down at the blade resting in my hand and then up at my revolting reflection. With my eyes bloodshot red and tears streaming down my face, I looked like an absolute mess. It was 2 in the morning when I woke up gasping for air. Another nightmare plagued me, but this one was different. Grayson was in it.

   I shivered as flashes of my horrible nightmares danced beneath my eyelids.

"You're disgusting. I don't know why I wasted my time saving you," spat Grayson.

"Pathetic", said Scott with venom.

"You're a mistake," said my mother with hatred in her beautiful green eyes.

I shook my head and looked down at the silver blade. Slowly, I slide the cold razor across my bruised thigh and added another cut to my collection. I was going to draw another line when someone knocked on the door.

"Princess? I heard some noise coming from your room. Are you okay love?" Grayson asked, his voice laced with sleep and worry.

"Yeah," I whispered. I cleared my throat and repeated it louder. I quickly cleaned up without making any noise. Blood was still dripping from my wound. I had to think quick because there weren't any bandages here. I looked around until I spotted the toilet paper. Quickly wrapping it around my thigh, I opened the door in a breathless state.

   I was met with a naked chest. I covered my eyes and squealed as I felt my cheeks turn hot. I peeked through my fingers to see Grayson looking at me with a soft smile. I almost smiled back when I saw his eyes drifted down and his face contorts in horror. I looked down to see blood soaking the front of my borrowed sweatpants.

"Princess?" He asked in a shaky tone. I quickly turned around to lock the door when two pairs of familiar muscular arms locked around my waist and lifted me up like I weighed nothing. I squirmed around and tried to fight him, but he held strong. Tears were coming down like a waterfall now and I stopped struggling. I knew he would hate me even more now. If he didn't let me leave for my back scars, he'll definitely throw me out of his home the second he sees them.

I felt two warm hands pull up the sleeve of the sweatpants up to my thighs. Bracing myself, I tightly closed my eyes and looked the other way as his eyes met my self-inflicted scars. I felt him get up and leave and I knew it was time for me to go. I sobbed into my hands when I felt his presence next to me again. Looking up in confusion, I saw him staring down at me with slightly red eyes. I also noticed him holding a fresh pair of sweatpants and a first aid box.

I looked down in shame. I was humiliated that he had to see me in this disgusting state. I felt him knelt down and lift my head up to look at him.

"Hey, it's okay. Don't cry. I'm not going to judge you. Everyone has different ways of solving their problems and you just took this route, but that's okay because I'll help you steer back." He whispered lovingly. His eyes shined with so much sorrow, hurt, and love. I couldn't take it anymore. I flung myself into his arms and latched onto his neck, not caring about the pain. His arms automatically circled around my waist and gave me squeeze.

"Let's first take care of you wound," he said pulling up my sweatpants again. I hissed out in pain when he applied rubbing alcohol to them. He bandaged me up and cleaned everything. Before he got up, Grayson placed an individual kiss to every cut. I blushed at how sincere he was.

I knew what was coming next. I felt the bed dip as Grayson sat next to me. Mustering up the little courage I have, I turned to face him and look him in his stormy grey eyes.

"Why?" It was a simple question yet I found myself picking up loose ends of an answer. I wanted to tell him everything, but I wasn't ready and I know he'll understand that.

"I get nightmares," I started out weakly. "They're sometimes memories of my parents, but most if the time they're the dark thoughts my brain conjures up or memories of my time at the orphanage. I-I don't have anyone to talk about them with and it's always there so I needed a release and thus was it."

"Oh princess, you have me now and I'll gladly listen to everything you need to say. I completely understand where you're coming from baby, but I'm here now and I can help. If you don't trust me, my mom's friend is a therapist and she can help you. As of your nightmares, do you get them every night?"

"Yeah, but..." I trailed off blushing.

"But...?" He said confused.

"I didn't get them when I slept with you that one night," I said blushing furiously. I looked down at my hands in embarrassment.

"You're so adorable," he mumbled. "Well it's final. From now on you will be sleeping with me," he said. My mouth dropped at what he said. If it was possible, my face and neck got even more red.

"But... but," I stammered out.

"Nope. My decision is final. You will be sleeping with me. I don't want your sleep to be ruined anymore. And close you mouth princess, you might catch a fly," he said winking at me. Before I could even think, he swooped me into his arms. I buried my face in his neck from nervousness and embarrassment.

When I opened my eyes, I was greeted by familiar walls. Grayson gently lauded me down and covered me with his soft blanket. I closed my eyes to pretend he wasn't there, but it seemed impossible when he slung his arm around my waist and pulled me to his warm chest.

"I like you better here," he whispered, kissing my forehead. My eyes slowly drooped as Grayson's steady heartbeat lulled me to sleep. The last I felt was me unconsciously snuggling into him.

I know it's late and I'm sorry. I'm going to go hide behind a cement wall now.

It's just that I had writers block and so many people weren't showing up at my job that I had to sometimes take their place while doing my hours. I have not edited this at all. I wrote it in my bed in my iPod.

Also there will be no more curse words. I don't curse AT ALL and I don't write the curse words in this story. A friend did it, but I decided that I'm not going to do it anymore. Once again 🐻 with me. (Haha, sometimes I try) I'm very busy.

Vote

Comment

Eat some fries 🍟

Follow

I love each and everyone!!! So much love!!

Pick up some love here:

❤️💛💚💙💜🖤💕💞💓💗💖💘💝