Chapter 12

OH MY GODZILLA!!!!! THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOOO MUCH FOR THIS!!! I LOVE YOU GUYS SOO MUCH!!!! I tried to make this chapter long and will a little bit more Grayclyn action. That's the ship name I came up with, but feel free to comment what you guys think it should be. I also want to clarify that Joclyn doesn't know that Grayson or her parents are in a gang and that Grayson's gang is called The Vipers.

This chapter sucks!!!!

Joclyn's POV

I was woken when someone pushed me out of the car. That someone being Jeffery. I brushed the gravel off my hands and knees and saw small beads of blood pop out on my palms and fingers. Still on the ground, I looked up to see everyone with amusement laced in their eyes.

"Here's your stuff. Now get out of my sight," Jeffery spat out and threw my plastic bag full of my stuff on my face. He closed the door and Aiden drove away with pebbles hitting me. I coughed as the putrid smell of gasoline invaded my nose. Grabbing my bag, I walked up the stairs and was surprised to find that the front door was actually unlocked. My footsteps echoed off the empty hallways as I made myself to my 'bedroom'.

My room was bare. There was no bed (if you counted it as a bed) or my heater that I spent so much time to buy. I sighed sorrowfully as I closed my door and laid on the cold wooden floor. They didn't even spare the flimsy cardboard that blocked the cold New York air from entering. With my bag used as a pillow, I curled into a fetal position and soon fell asleep.

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

I covered my mouth as I once again was assaulted by a sneeze. With the cold weather, my wet hair, and not having proper clothing, it wasn't surprising when I had gotten a fever this morning. I would rather go to school  sick than stay home and face the wrath of Jeffery.

I was still curious on why we had to move and then why we came back. I'm guessing the other orphans who lived here were transferred to another orphanage because no one was I. The kitchen today. I would normally make breakfast for them and then go to school, but not today. There was no food in the fridge or cabinets so I cupped my hands together and drank from the kitchen sink.

   After gathering my school supplies, I made my way down the block sneezing and coughing multiple times. Looking  down at my watch, I realized I was almost later so I sprinted the rest of the way. Since I ran so much, I wasn't sweating or breathing heavily when I reached school. I was walking down the hallway when someone put their foot in front of mine and purposely tripped me. As the whole school laughed at me, I was having trouble breathing and some tears leaked down my face as I heard some of the insults they threw at me.

   "Go kill yourself!"

   Maybe I should.

   "No cares about your pathetic *ss!"

   I know.

   "God, you're so ugly!"

   I wish I look at least presentable.

   My panic attack was on full mode and I was going to pass out sooner or later.

   "Stop!" Boomed a voice. I knew that voice. It was Grayson's melodious voice. Everyone suddenly stopped laughing. Tears still streamed down my face as sobs racked my body. Two muscular arms picked me up. I immediately blushed and tried to get away from the blazing eyes that pierced my back. I was met with cold air meaning we had just stepped outside. He slowly rocked me in his arms calming me down and my breathing soon went to its normal speed.