Chapter 8

Sorry for the late update. I've had a lot going on and after attending a funeral to someone who meant so much to me I kinda wasn't in the mood to do anything cuz it impacted me a lot, but I'm like people are reading this horrible unedited book so I'll continue.

   I'm so happy! 1k reads!!!! Wow that's crazy 😜. Keep doin' what you're doin'. Happy flappy readings!

Grayson's POV

   Sometime through detention Joclyn had fell asleep in my embrace. She looked adorable with her dimples prominent as she unconsciously puckered her lips. Her small hands fisted my white   t-shirt and she snuggled her head closer in the crook of my neck when Liam started getting too loud.

   "Can you shut up, Liam?" I whispered furiously. Liam looked at me and turned his gaze to Joclyn.

   "Aww, guys she looks so cute," Liam gushed loudly. Scott smacked his head in return.

   "Can you speak any louder?" Scott said looking incredulously at his twin brother. Liam rubbed his head and whispered 'sorry'.

"But she does look adorable," Scott said pinching her cheeks. She moaned soundlessly and wiggled to get to a comfortable spot. This time Liam smack Scott's head.

"Seriously man. I didn't hit you that hard!" Scott whined in a low tone. I glared at both of the dimwits and looked down at my princess.

   "Wake up princess. Detention's almost over," I said nudging her with my head to wake her. She slowly opened up her grass colored eyes and rubbed them with her fist to get the sleep out of them. I had taken off her glasses when I noticed she had fallen asleep to make her more comfortable.

   "Aww," Scott and Liam yelled at the same time. This attracted the attention of Bradley and those assh*les. Bradley glared at Joclyn, but backed down when he saw my deathly glare at him. Joclyn, coming to her senses, jumped off my lap and looked around with wide fearful eyes.

   "Hey, what's wrong?" I asked gently trying not to scare her, but it didn't work. She grabbed her book bag and made a dash to the front door. I was going to follow, but was stopped by the principal. I knew he wasn't going to do anything against me because he was Damian's uncle.

   "Mr. Reed, what do you think you're doing? Don't you have detention?" I didn't want to cause any attention especially with Bradley and his gang in the room so, me being the oh so great student I am, sat down. Everyone looked at me with cautious expressions. I won't blame them. I was getting worked up with how Joclyn reacted. What had happened? Did she get a nightmare?

Take a chill pill. She'll be alright. And I could visit her anytime.

True. I knew where her orphanage was. Pertaining to that, I still hadn't started investigation if my princess was the Joclyn Woods. I actually hope she is. When we were little, we used to be best friends. I didn't remember a whole lot, only snippets of my childhood. I do remember how my mom and Joclyn's mom would always say things about me and Joclyn being together when we we're older. As the wheels were turning in my head, I failed to notice Bradley and his gang leave detention.

   When I looked at my desk I almost smiled. She forgot her  glasses here.

Curse words (maybe) and abuse up ahead! You have been warned!

Joclyn's POV

   I was half woken by some yelling. I turned and snuggled closer to the warmth as I drifted to sleep, but reality clawed through me. Jeffery. The one word that sent chills down my spine just by thinking of that name. (No offense to any Jefferys out there) Unconsciously, I rubbed my eyes to get the sleep out of them.