Chapter 16

Hi my peeps *waves enthusiastically*
⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️
Please point out any mistakes⬅️
⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️⬆️

Joclyn's POV

   I was floating. My eyes were closed and my body relaxed. I didn't have any care or fear.

"Joclyn?" I heard a voice say in disbelief. Confused, I opened my eyes to see my parents with big smiles and tears running down their faces.

"Momma? Papa?" I whispered hoarsely, my own tears dripping down my face.

"Oh baby girl. We missed you so much," my dad said with his voice cracking at the end. They opened their arms for a hug. I wanted nothing more than to run into their loving embrace and never let go.

Sadly, that wasn't what happened.

I felt two cold hands enclose around my arms hindering me from running to my parents. My parents face filled with terror as they looked at who was behind me.

"Well, look what we have here," an all too familiar voice said. His grimy voice rang out through the whole place. It was Jeffery.

"Oh what a lovely reunion. It brought tears to my eyes that you actually thought that I would ever let you go," he said with venom dripping off every word.

"No this can't happen on my watch. I can't let you be happy. That's ludicrous," he said as he let out a sickening laugh. Any signs of joy were long gone. All that was left was chilling terror.

"Grace you still look magnificent, but you made a poor choice choosing him instead of me," he growled out. My dad stepped in front of my mom protectively.

"Let my daughter go and nothing will happen," my dad yelled with so much malice and anger that I shivered. Jeffery looked taken aback, but masked it before anyone could see.

"Get them," he said lightly as if my dad's words didn't affect him. Two strong men came out of nowhere and held my parent's arms tightly. My papa was a strong man, but he couldn't take two people the size of him down.

"No! Stop!" I yelled at the top of my lungs, struggling to break free. Jeffery let go of me and another pair of hands replaced him. Suddenly, Jeffery pulled out a gun making my blood run cold.

"I hate to do this... what am I saying? I love this so much! You've been a very bad girl. Spending time with that boy Grayson and not coming home on time. I think you need to know your place. Your poor parents were in the way and now they have to perish. So choose. Which parent should I kill first?" Jeffery spat out. His eyes were red and a hunger for blood was visible. Tears fell down my face as I struggled to get out of the grasp. I tried to kick the person, but another pair of hands held my legs. I noticed that the safety was off.

"Come on! Choose!" He yelled as more tears fell down. I struggled and struggled, but they wouldn't budge.

"Pleas don't. I'll do anything," I pleaded.

"Too late," he said as two gunshots were heard. I screamed as I saw my parent's bodies go limp. Blood was pouring out of the wounds as their eyes looked into oblivion. I screamed again.

Grayson's POV

   I tossed and turned in my bed as my nightmares plagued me. They normally were about of my kills. Murdering people takes a toll on you. I sighed and closed my eyes as sleep finally came to me.

   A scream sounded throughout the hallway. I was instantly awake and sat upright in my bed. It sounded just like Joclyn. I jumped out of bed and raced to her room. Opening the door, I was met with a sitting and sobbing Joclyn. I didn't waste a second and wrapped my arms around her shaking frame. As I placed her on my lap, she stopped screaming, but carried on crying.

My heart broke into a million pieces as she let out heart wrenching sobs. Her face was tucked into my neck and her small hands wrapped around my naked torso like a vice. As I rocked her on my lap, I gave her kisses and whispered sweet nothings into her ears. Finally, she had stopped crying and her eyes started to droop.

"Please don't let go," she whispered in a broken voice. I halted and looked down at her beautiful, angelic face.

"I would never dream of it," I whispered back, kissing her forehead.

*

*

*

*

*

I woke up to see Joclyn rubbing her eyes to get the sleep out. It was an adorable sight seeing her curly hair everywhere while she looked half asleep.

"Good morning princess," I whispered lovingly. I didn't need to worry about morning breath because I had brushed my teeth before falling asleep. Her eyes widened as her cheeks colored with a rosy pink. She squealed and hid her face in her hands. I chuckled at her adorable behavior and pried her hands off her face. Her gorgeous green eyes stared back at me.

   "Good morning," she whispered back smiling shyly. My heart beat faster at her beautiful smile. I saw that she wanted to say something, but she hesitated.

   "I'm here because I heard you scream last night," I said in a worried tone, "Do you want to talk about?" Her eyes widened in humiliation and horror as they slightly watered.

   She didn't trust me.

   My heart broke at the thought of my princes not being able to talk freely with me.

   "Oh, I understand," I whispered in a broken tone, nodding my head. I got up and headed to the door. I was about to turn the doorknob when I heard her.

   "It was a nightmare... about my parent." Her voice broke at the end of the sentence and she was in my arms the next second. I was wrong; she did trust me. I smiled warmly down at her, urging her to finish.

   "Everything was going great till Jeffery came," my arms tightened around her. "He told me to choose which one to kill first: my mom or my dad. At the end he had killed both of them." By now my princess was full on crying. I hugged her closer to my body.

   One thing was certain. That b*stard was going to die.

Yeah I know it's horrible and short and VERY late. I'm sorry. I had a lot of things to do. I'm trying to pick up a schedule so please bare with my.

The cover contest is ending on Sunday so if u have any submissions send them to me before Sunday.

Vote 🔵

Comment 🔴

Follow 🔵

Eat some 🍦🍦🍦

Byeeee!!!  Love youuuu.