Chapter 2

Joclyn's POV:

  I stood there frozen in shock. I thought I could quietly go up into my room and no one would notice I was late, but I was wrong.

He looked straight through my eyes and into my soul. His brown eyes turned a shade darker due to his anger. I shakily took the final step which led me to an arm's length away from him. I could smell the alcohol and cigarettes from here as it burned my nose.

His arm shot out and gripped my wrist, leaving bruises.

"You dumb b*tch. Can't you understand simple instructions? You're 2 minutes late." Jeffery whispered harshly. He yanked me inside which probably would have made me fall on the floor if he wasn't holding my wrist like his life depended on it. Instead of beating the crap out of me, he pulled me into a corner.

"Now listen and listen good, you dumb b*tch. There's someone very important in the living room. I want you to go upstairs and into your room like a good little girl you are and you aren't going to come downstairs until I call you personally. Got it?" He said spitting on my face, but I didn't dare wipe it off. I nodded hard, with my curls flying everywhere. He let go of my wrist and I took that as my ticket of leaving. I ran out of the room as if my pants were on fire. As I ran blindly towards the stairs I didn't realize another human being was walking the same way until I slammed into a hard chest. I squeezed my eyes shut awaiting the tumble, but two strong arms shot out to prevent me from falling over. Opening my eyes, I looked up to see 2 icy grey eyes staring into my green eyes. Suddenly, I realized that this was the important guest waiting in the living room, well not anymore I guess.

I quickly stood up, which resulted in me hitting my nose on his hard chest again. I heard a deep chuckle come, probably from him. My cheeks blazed red as I tried the second time to get up without too much contact with him. This time I succeeded, but only to realize his arms were still tightly wound around my waist. I blushed even more than I already was if that was possible. I cleared my throat and looked at my ripped up sneakers as if they were the greatest thing ever.

"Um.. c-can you please r-remove your hands?" I asked timidly and stuttering along the way. Quickly I felt the warmth of his arms being removed from my waist. Keeping my head down, I scurried towards the stairs after whispering a quiet "thank you". As I reached the fifth stair I heard Jeffery enter the room.

"There you are, Grayson. I've been looking for you everywhere." Jeffery said with fake enthusiasm.

"Oh, so Mr. Grey Eyes name is Grayson," I thought. It suited him with his bad boy aura. He had the cliche leather jacket with black jeans and his black hair tousled giving him the I woke up sexy kind of look.

Knock it out Joc! I mentally scolded myself. I ran up the rest of the stairs and shut my door quickly, but quietly and turned around towards my "room" if you want to call it that. It had a small rusty bed with a closet missing its door and a broken window covered in cardboard which let all of the winter air inside. I was finally able to buy a heater to at least keep it in the 60s.

I took off my sneakers and carefully put them on the bottom shelf of my closet and proceeded to unpack my book bag to do my homework and 12 other's homework too. I get bullied daily by anyone due to my shortness and shyness to not fight back which made me an easy target.

Not to toot my own horn, but I am very smart and have already done all of the lessons we learn this year. What else could I have done when I was locked in my room? I didn't have any source of entertainment or any friends so I just locked myself in my room and did that to pass my time. I use class time to help my peers who don't understand the subject or simply didn't pay attention, but I didn't mind. I like to help people.

Just because I'm smart didn't mean the teachers liked me. In fact, it was quite the opposite. They hated me. I would always be late to class due to the bullying, I sometimes couldn't complete my own homework because I had 12 other worksheets to do as well, my house isn't the safest, and I would fall asleep in class because of all of the nightmares that plagued me at night.

I took off my sweater and turned my heater on full blast. I had to find another piece of cardboard because the other one was soggy from the thunderstorm that happened last night. That's another thing that I hate about myself. I am terrified of thunderstorms because the day my parents abandoned me was the same day a thunderstorm occurred which lead to my stupid fear of them which I hoped to get rid of one day.

I just realized that all of my bruises and scars were on display. Jeffery was smart enough to only hit me shoulders down because I have no clue how to put makeup on to cover them. The sight of battered up arms brought tears to my eyes. I didn't dare lift my shirt up to see the horrible designs covering it. I knew if I did, you could count all of my ribs and see all of my bruises and scars on my unhealthy pale skin. What kind of parents leaves their 4-year-old in this horrible place? There are other children in this orphanage, but they are treated with the uttermost respect. They know about the condition I'm in, but instead of helping me they support Jeffery. I guess he doesn't like me because he hated my parents too.

My mother and he used to date in high school, but he cheated on her and she broke up with him. She then went my dad, Kevin Woods and fell in love and had me. That developed hate towards us because he still loved my mom. Why did they leave me with their sworn enemy? I only know all of this information because Jeffery likes to remind me that I'm a mistake and that my mom only belongs to him.

I was broken out of my thoughts when someone knocked on my door. It's not Jeffery because he has the key to my door and he would be banging on the door. I completely forgot to put on my sweater and opened the door. There was Grayson standing there. His eyes widened in shock as he looked at my "bedroom".

Fudgesticks. He then trained his grey eyes on me and slowly trailed his eyes down to my battered up arms.

Double fudge sticks. His eyes widened more when instead of shock, anger coated his eyes. His eyes snapped up to mine and his glared at me fiercely. I flinched back which didn't go unnoticed by him. His face turned expressionless and he shoved something harshly into my hand and stomped down the stairs and loudly banged the front door closed.

What was that about? I thought. I looked down to see what was in my hands only to find it was my pink pencil case covered with doodles. I blushed even though no one was here.

"Well alrighty then" I murmured and shut my door softly.

Yay! This was an early update and I'm going to try to make a my chapters longer. Goodbye then. You may comment if I made any mistakes to all of you grammar nazis, but please make it constructive criticism

Vote!

Comment!

Share!

Thanks my dudes and dudettes!!!