Chapter 19

Hi my beautiful and handsome people!!! Feel free to point out any mistakes 😋😁

Enjoy!!!!

Grayson's POV

I knew something was wrong when I heard Jennifer's wailing as I entered home. I flinched when I heard her screaming at someone, most likely one of her minions. I walked up the stairs, excited to my princess after a long day. My smile vanished when I opened my door to find the room empty. I stomped down the stairs and checked downstairs. Along the way, I saw Liam leaning against the kitchen counter.

   "Have you seen Joc?" I asked as his head tilted up from his phone.

   "No. As a matter of fact, I haven't seen Scott either. They may be out of something," he said with some worry. I slowly started to get worried as well. Where is she? I immediately pulled out my phone and called Scott. He didn't pick up on the first call. Third call. Tenth call.

   Where the heck were they? I walked to the dark dining room and sat down, trying to control my thoughts. Today had been such a stressful day. I had gotten warnings from my cousins, out in Rome, that word was going around about Roland, an enemy gang leader, getting ready to attack us. I rubbed my forehead trying to relieve some of the stress.

   Twenty minutes had passed and I decided to call again. No answer. Another fifteen minutes passed when the front door opened slightly. I immediately stood up to see my princess sneaking through the door.

"Where do you think you're going, princess?" I asked. I saw her freeze at the sound of my voice. I turned the lights on and raised my eyebrow at her. Her cheeks turned red as she fidgeted under my intense gaze. I felt bad putting her on the spot, but I was worried out of my mind and I deserved some explanation.

"I-um... Scott..." she stuttered, still looking down. The door opened again and in came Scott. He had a slight smile on his face until he saw me. He froze and looked at me with horror.

"Care to explain?" I asked, crossing my arms. They remained silent.

"Scott? Joclyn?" I asked, getting a little impatient.

"It wasn't Scott's fault. I wanted ice cream and he was nice enough to take me. Please don't get mad," she whispers the last part. I instantly softened. I hadn't meant to come out rude and now I hurt my precious princess. Guilt soared throughout my body when I saw her body trembling. I should've known better.

Scott immediately enclosed her with a hug before I could finish thinking.

"Hey, it's okay cupcake. He was only worried. He's not mad at me or you," he said softly. I forced my legs to move and grabbed Joclyn out of his arms and cradled her to my chest. Scott took this as a sign to leave.

"I'm so sorry, princess. I hadn't meant to come or mean. It's just that you left without telling anyone and I was so worried that something bad happened to you. I acted out of character and I should've known. I'm so sorry," I cooed rocketing her back and forth. Her small arms wrapped around my waist as she stuffed her face into my chest. My heart broke when I saw her eyes were slightly red.

"It's okay. I just... just thought you were mad at me. I didn't mean to leave without asking," she whispered. I pulled her back so I could see her in the eye.

"Princess, you don't need to ask me to leave. You have the same amount of privileges as I do, but next time a note would be nice," I said, cracking a smile. She mirrored me and I pulled her in for another hug and kissed her forehead gently.

   "So, you want to tell me what happened?" I asked, leading her towards the sofa. She proceeded to tell me how rude Jennifer was to her, but Scott came between them and took her to the ice cream shop. When she was explaining Cold Stone, she had a cute smile on her face and I knew that I would be taking her there, too.

When she finished she let out a yawn. I copied her and we smiled at each other. God, she was amazing. I am so happy that I met her.

"Let's go to bed now," I said taking her delicate hand.

"I'm sorry. You must be so tired and I kept you up," she said in a worried tone. I shook my head and gave her a warm smile.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

I sighed as I laid my tired body on the comfortable bed. My arms unconsciously grabbed Joclyn's waist and pulled her warm and soft body to mine. I snuggled my head into her neck and closed my eyes. Her warm hands snaked up to my head and rubbed it soothingly. I let out a soft moan as my body relaxed. Sleep was quick to come, but I didn't miss the feeling of warm lips on my cheek.

So this chapter didn't have drama, but it was one of my favorites to write. There was no Jeffery or Jennifer. It was just Joclyn and Grayson getting closer. I ship it sooo much. I know this is a very short chapter. I didn't want to keep you guys waiting. I know for a fact that you'll hate me on the next chapter.

I didn't edit this chapter at all. I just typed and clicked update.

Vote 🥔

Comment 🥔

Follow 🥔

Join the potato fam by commenting 🥔

Have an amazing night and day and week and month and year and the rest of you life 🖤