Chapter 22

Wow I never thought I would reach this far into the book. If I'm being honest, I wanted to give up on this book multiple times. But you guys gave me so much support and I just couldn't let you down. So I got a message from a person working in FicFun and they said that I should post my book onto their website and I would get money. I instantly agreed because it's the next step for my writing which makes me so happy. Please please please go check it out on the website when I do post it. Onto the book...

Joclyn's POV

Looking down at the chains around my wrists, I noticed there was no keyhole visible. I flailed and jerked my arms trying to get loose but my efforts were futile. About to give up, I noticed small cracks on the rusted cuffs indicating they were old and were bound to break soon. My eyes darted between the cuffs and the rough stone walls and I knew what I had to do. This was going to hurt, but the pain will be worth the freedom.

I pulled myself to my feet, slightly crouching my knees because of the height of the cell and fisted my hands remembering Grayson telling me to keep my thumbs out. Then, I put my T-shirt in my mouth to minimize my noise and to lessen the risk of a broken jaw. I counted down in my head and at one, I hit my wrists against the wall with as much force as I could muster. Immediately, I heard a crack and my left handcuff was off. Yes, my hands are bleeding, but I was one step closer to freedom. I pulled back once more, gathering all the momentum I can, and hit again. This time the cuff did break, but there was another crack.

I looked down to see my hand dangling in a weird angle. It finally registered and pain came in hot shocks going up my arm. I bit down on my shirt as hard as I could as a scream threatening to escape. I am so close and I'm not giving up now. Salty tears streamed down my flushed cheeks, burning the small cuts in their path. I slid down to the floor and cradled my disfigured hand. Taking deep breaths, I knew time is precious and I cannot waste any.

I closed my eyes and Grayson's handsome face flashed in front of me. He was smiling. At me. Oh how badly I wanted to run into his arms and tell him how much I love him. I want to see his handsome smiling face and hear his beautiful laugh. I want his cuddles, his hugs, and his kisses.

With newfound determination, I peeled myself off the wall and limped to the exit of the cell. My ankle is swollen, most likely sprained. Luckily, the bars looked so old that they were about to break. I turned to my left shoulder and took a few steps back. Taking a deep breath, I rammed my left shoulder onto the iron bars and immediately fell through. I groaned as I felt new bruises forming on my tender stomach.

   Coughing from the dust that flew up, I realized I'm free. All I had to do now was walk through that door. I looked around in the narrow hallway to see if there were any supplies I could use. It was bare of anything besides the gated cells. Sighing, I realized this was going to be harder than expected. My feet whispered against the dirty ground as I tried not to make much noise. The door seemed to be as old as everything else here. On my tippy toes, I saw that this was in the middle of a forest from the blurred peephole.

   Doing a final check, I gingerly opened the door. Suddenly loud alarms started ringing, telling anyone in a mile distance of my escape. Ignoring the stabbing pain, I sprinted into the woods trying my hardest not to trip over anything. I had been sprinting for 20 minutes straight when my legs started to cramp. I hadn't noticed it before, but I was reaching a very slopped side of this hill. Before I could stop myself, it was too late. My foot tripped and I tumbled down the rocky hill. Scratches and bruises formed anywhere and everywhere. I tried to stop myself and cover my head, but I simply couldn't.

My eyes closed as my head hit a rock with great force. A scream crawled up my throat, but wouldn't come out. The pain was too much. It felt like my head had been split in two and my hearing and eyesight got fuzzy. Tears streamed down my face as my whole body ached. I tried to get up, but the pain got so bad that I did scream. Loud. It echoed through the forest and bounced off the trees. I looked up at night sky and squinted through my blurry vision and tears. I let out a chuckle as I remembered Grayson buying me new glasses. I wonder where they are? They probably got lost in the bathroom in the mall.

I let out a sigh as my eyes slowly shut.

Grayson's POV

I found where he was. Where he kept my princess. In the middle of the dang forest. I was up and out when Ben told me the exact coordinates of the wretched place. Getting in my Jeep, I took off noticing how everyone followed. People were going to give today and it wasn't going to be us. You never take a king's queen. Unless you want war. I sped down the highways, honking and cursing at whoever got in my way. I would not stop until Joclyn was in my arms and out of harm's way. As we approached the woods, I slowed down and parked on the grass. This forest was closed off to the public and any trespassers would be fined or arrested. It was the perfect place to hide.

"Okay, we are going to split off and try looking for anything that can lead us to Jeffery or Joclyn. Keep an eye for anything. Make sure your phone is on you and ready to use. Guns should be loaded as well. Damian, Scott, and Liam are coming with me. Killian, Ben, David, and Axel go south." I named off groups and in two minutes everyone was out and looking. The terrain was rocky with gangly roots everywhere. It was even harder to look due to the dark night.

I really hope my princess is safe somewhere. She's one of the strongest people I know. Oh god, I missed her so much. She's so beautiful and smart. I am the luckiest man alive to have a girl like her. I missed her small frame against mine warming me up in a second. She always calmed me down and made me feel emotions I've never felt before.

"Scott, get the flashlight out. I can't see a dang thing," I grumbled as I scanned between the trees.

"Gotcha boss," he said. If this was any other situation, he would've made a joke, but everyone was too tense. My princess had everyone wrapped around her small fingers and she didn't even know. Just as Scott pulled his flashlight out, a scream was heard somewhere in the forest. I knew immediately that it was Joclyn. Not saying a second, I sprinted towards the noise knowing my boys were following me. I slowed down as we reached a clearing and saw a body on the ground.

Not just anybody. It was my Joclyn. Snapping into action, I ran towards her, worry clear on my face.

"Damian, be on the lookout for anyone. Liam, call the others now! Scott, get me the dang medical kit and call the doctor!" I screamed as I saw how badly she was wounded. My poor princess. She didn't deserve this. My hands floated above her body too scared to touch her and hurt her even more. She was bleeding profusely from her head, her hand was broken, a foot is swollen, and bruises and scratches everywhere.

"Tell them to hurry up!" I roared. The last thing I needed was Jeffery or one of his members finding us. The rumble of the jeeps got louder as they came closer.

"Baby, I'm so so sorry," I whispered as I picked her up without moving her too much. She groaned and unconsciously leaned into me. Her beautiful eyes fluttered as she realized what was happening.

"G-Grayson? You came," she croaked out and smiled slightly. I was amazed that this girl can smile even through her pain.

"Oh princess, I will always come for you. I will never ever give up on you. Now I need you to do the same thing too okay? Just be strong for a little bit more time okay angel?" I whispered as my voice cracked.

"Okay," she whispered as her eyes threatened to close.

"No Joclyn! Keep those beautiful eyes open for me," I yelled helplessly. She didn't heed and her eyes closed with a small smile on her face.

"Step on it!" I yelled, as I frantically tried to wake her up.

She's been strong for so long. My warrior princess.

Phew. I wrote all of that in one sitting. Woooo. Guys, I'm so so sorry for not updating quickly, but now I have summer vacation and I'm going to start doing it more frequently. Sorry for the long wait. Please point out any mistakes I made.

Vote

Comment

Eat some salt

Follow

I love you guys so much 😍😘