Chapter 24

.................hey 😅..................

So guess who's not dead and has been missing for while..... :P

And guys I really love you, but if you don't like this book, then don't read it. Stop wasting your time and mine and just delete it. It's 2019, grow up. I get that once you post something, you're going to get hate, but man it hurts when you make it personal.

Sorry about my rant. I really love you guys for supporting me through all of this. I have some personal problemos going on so just bear with me. I'll get there.

Joclyn's POV

The doctor shined his light in my eyes for what seemed like the millionth time because Grayson wanted to be 110% sure that I wasn't going to pass out and die. As much as I appreciated his protectiveness, I just wanted to go home, shower, and then sleep.

Home.

A place that I used to think never existed. A place that I thought was only in movies and books. A sanctuary that I didn't deserve. But everything changed when Grayson came. He taught me to not only love and trust others but also myself.

"Miss Woods seems fine for her injuries. There will be scarring, but it can be reduced with this scar cream. Just massage it gently over the area twice a day and the redness and puffiness should go down. As for the arm, don't carry any heavy weights and try not to stretch it over your head as it can open the stitches. Showering may be difficult but you're a strong woman Miss Woods so I think you'll be fine," the doctor said and handed me my discharge papers.

   "Do you think we can get a wheelchair?" Grayson asked with worry lines still present on his face.

   "Grayson. I. Am. Fine. I didn't even hurt my legs," I said in an exasperated tone, but with a smile on my face. He was too cute and too overprotective.

   "I know baby but I don't want you to strain yourself." I blushed at his endearment and his words, but I didn't back down.

   "Fine okay. You win," he said, but I failed to see the mischievous glint in his eyes.

   "Thank you," I said smiling. By now the doctor had left chuckling at us. I slowly got off the hospital bed not to disrupt my stitches, but suddenly I was picked up into a pair of muscular warm arms.

   "Grayson! Put me down!" I squealed. I grabbed onto his shirt for dear life.

   "No can do princess. Since you didn't want the wheelchair I'm going to have to carry you," he said smirking down at me. I blushed and hid my face in his chest as everyone looked at us because this big oaf won't put me down. I didn't move my head until he put me in my seat and buckled me.

   "Grayson I can do that," I whined but it warmed my heart at how sweet he was.

   "Nope. The doc said that you can't stretch your arms over your head."

   I knew he was right, but I don't want to make his ego bigger than it already is. So I did the next best mature thing. I stuck my tongue out at him. He just chuckled and closed the door. Once he was buckled in, we were on the road heading home.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

Grayson pulled up to his massive driveway and stopped the car, but didn't unlock it. He unbuckled his seatbelt and turned to me.