Chapter 7

Sorry for the late update. Please send me covers!! This is unedited too so be mindful of that. So any-who happy readings. 😊

Not edited!

Joclyn's POV

   Walking down the hallway, I groaned again as I blindly bumped into another person and they pushed me four times as hard. I stumbled back bumping into another person who did the same exact thing.

   By now the crowd was thinning and the late bell had already rung.

   Dang it.

   I knew my teachers didn't like me, so the odds weren't in my favor. I blindly stumbled my way to where I thought was the classroom. Yeah that's how bad my eyesight is. All of a sudden I was pushed against the locker, but it was gently as if they didn't want to hurt me.

That's a first.

   Shyly looking up, I saw no other than Grayson looking down at me with emotion I couldn't describe in his eyes.

   "Princess, where did you go?" He asked in his deep, husky voice. I blushed at the nickname.

   "Huh," I said not paying attention because of the fact that he was so close to me. His mere presence surrounded me, enveloping me in warmth and his smell. He chuckled at my dazed state, knowing full well that he was doing this to me.

   "Yesterday I took you to my house to get you checked up, but when I came back you were gone. Why did you go?" He asked softly.

"I don't know, probably because I had no clue whose house it was or if I had been kidnapped." I blurted out. My eyes widened because this was the most I have spoken in a long time.

"Wait, I um didn't-" I was stopped by a chuckle coming from Grayson. The sound sent pleasant tingles down my spine. He leaned forward and rested his forehead on mine.

   "You're so cute," he said amusement laced in his voice.

   I'm glad I entertain him.

   Woah, where did that come from.  Maybe it's almost that time of the month. I realized that I was staring dazedly at Grayson's handsome face. He sported a big smirk on his face when he saw my reddened cheeks. He lifted one hand and caressed my burning cheek with his warm hand.

"I'm sorry princess. I didn't mean to frighten you like that. Now can you explain to me why your shirt was soaked in blood?" He asked, all playful banter disappearing.

Fudge, I thought he would have forgotten.

"Umm, well you see here, it was.... fruit punch! Y-Yeah, fruit punch I spilled it on me and I couldn't c-change my t-shirt so I just w-wore my hoodie on top of it." I said meekly and nodding at the same time which made me brush my forehead with Grayson's.

"Okay, I'll believe you this time, but what about when I saw you in the orphanage, in your room?" He asked, getting angry.

   Think Jos, think.

   "Oh that. Pshh. T-Those weren't real. This girl w-wanted to try her special effects m-makeup on me and I let her." I said shyly, my breathing increasing. Each word pierced my heart. I despised lying. He looked down at me with doubt clear in his eyes.

   Suddenly, I heard footsteps walking down the hallway which made Grayson jump back. I looked up at Grayson with wide eyes and knew I was beyond late. He stared down at me with anger.