Hmmm

Cautiously you crept your way down the stairs, still unsure as to whether or not this was another one of Anti's sadistic tricks or games, because God knows he was so unpredictable that he probably didn't even know if he was playing mind games or not. Everything inside you told you to run for the door and try to get some help for you and Mark, but the grumbling in your tummy drove you towards the kitchen.

You could see Anti's shadow bouncing around in the doorway, so you knew he was already in there. You stopped on the 4th step from the bottom and took a deep inhalation of breath, you weren't mentally prepared for this. "What a beautiful sound your breath makes when it trembles" a deep voice whispered in your ear, you instantly turned around at the noise but there was no one there.

You slowly looked back towards the kitchen, wanting to catch Anti in his trickster tracks, but you could still see his shadow flickering in the light that emitted from the bulb. This voice was also different, it didn't sound like Anti, it didn't even sound like Sean. You waited to see if you would hear it again, but nothing came.

"Y/N" a shrill voice called from the kitchen, that one you recognised as Anti's. It snapped you out of your conscious thought, and you continued your way to the kitchen. As you entered the room you noticed that every counter top was covered in some form of mess; the stove had an assortment of wrappers attached to the metal, as though someone had forgotten to remove them when they turned the gas on and the plastic melted to it.

Glancing over at Anti with a concerned look on your face, you asked "Yes?", he chuckled to himself with his eyes closed, then looked up at you. "Why are you so scared of me?" he asked, laughing through his words, you were taken back by his question. "Why am I scared of you? Are you serious?" you snapped, getting a sharp burst of  confidence from your anger. That confidence quickly diminished when you realised what had just escaped your lips.

Anti gazed at you blankly, as though he was genuinely searching for an answer, "Yes, I'm serious" he spoke at such a slow pace that you knew you were treading on egg-shells, you needed to decide what you were going to say next carefully. You stared at his face, trying to figure out what response would be the best to give him, soon it felt like you had been staring for too long, you needed to say something. Anything! "You don't need to be scared of me, little one" Anti said, running the back of his hand over your cheek.

You pushed his hand away from your face, hating any contact he had with you. You watched as his chest raised while his lungs filled with air, a picture of  irritation spreading across his pale face. Your eyelids fluttered ferociously, flinching at the anticipation of violence, you shut your eyes and scrunched up your face, waiting for impact. But it never came.

Opening one eye haltingly, you were stunned to see that Anti's features had settled. He looked less annoyed and more saddened by your reaction - if it weren't for his focus being fixated on the ground beneath his feet, you would be having a staring contest right now.

He sighed heavily and then reached for the oven door, you were too frightened to move so you just stood as though you were frozen to the spot and watched his lanky figure shuffle around the brightly lit room. Without using a heat proof glove, he produced a tray from the oven and placed it onto the counter - it seemed to have, what looked like, cookies on it.

"I tried my best" he muttered to himself when he saw you peering at the burnt dough, "But I'm still getting the hang of this 'human food'" he continued, making air quotes with his fingers as he said 'human food'. You subconsciously licked your bottom lip and felt your stomach grumble, it had been a while since you'd properly eaten.

"You're hungry" Anti said in a hushed voice, he finally stopped looking at the ground and glanced up at you. You broke your eye contact with the cookies and brought your attention to Anti. "Go ahead" he smiled at you, gesturing to the tray - hesitantly, you reached out for a cookie. Once you had the rock-hard dough in your grasp, you brought it up to your mouth and breathed in its scent. It smelt strongly of charcoal but the essence of chocolate chip was evident. 

Taking your first bite, you realised that it tasted exactly the same as it smelt, but you were happy to be eating again. Once you had finished off the majority of the cookies, after Anti allowed you to, you felt a little more full and your hunger pains had began to fade. "Come with me" Anti said sternly, you hesitated for a moment and watched him leave the kitchen. 

You took a couple of steps towards the door but stopped when the cookies caught your eye again, you grabbed a few more and stuffed them into your pockets - you didn't know when Anti would let you eat again. 

"Hungry are you?" you heard again, it was the same voice from before, it was deep and gravelly. They spoke at a slow pace with a seductive tone. "I have something that can fill you up" the voice said, the last three words being separated by pauses. You glanced around the room, trying to pinpoint the source of the voice, but like last time, you had no luck. "You're need for me is irresistible" it continued. You shook your head and quickly left the room.

When you walked into the living room Anti was already sitting on the sofa, seemingly waiting for you. Eventually you came into his view and he patted the space next to him, "Sit" he ordered. You did as he said and carefully sat down on the fabric next to him, you watched him carefully as he snapped his fingers and produced a black bag and placed it in your lap. You looked up at him in confusion, so he opened the bag for you and sighed.

Inside the bag were a couple of t-shirts and a few pair of jeans, you glanced between the clothes and Anti. "Are these for me?" you asked timidly, Anti nods with a smile, "Take them out, see what you think" he suggests.

You pullout all of the clothes and set them out on the sofa next to you, some of them laying across Anti's lap too. You grabbed the t-shirt that took your fancy the most and stood up to hold it up against you, but as you stood up you started to feel light headed. You shrugged it off, putting it down to undernourishment.

You stood in the middle on the living room, holding the top up against you, a faint smile on your face. Looking up from the clothes to Anti, you noticed the room start to spin and your vision go blurry. The only thing you could mutter was a distorted 'Anti' before you felt your head hit the floor. In the distance you heard Anti calling your name with panic. 

Want chapters to be updated faster? Think about supporting me on patreon. 

https://www.patreon.com/TheAngelThatWrote

The majority of my time is taken up working to be able to live, with your help I'll be able to spend more time writing and less time working if I'm able to make writing my primary job.