Leap

You felt the wind in your hair, every strand was being brushed by the autumn breeze like a natural comb. If you could close your eyes you would but you knew you needed to pay attention. You needed to see where you were going.

It wasn't until you felt the corse and rough metal hit your body that you found the nearest thing to grip onto. You had managed to get the top half of your body onto the fire escape, but your bottom half dangled like a piece of spaghetti in between your fingers. You knew you wouldn't have the strength to hold your body weight for long, so you used all your upper body strength to heave yourself onto the cold platform.

Running off of pure adrenaline, you gave yourself a moment to rest, just to get your breath back again. You could see the window you had propelled yourself from, how you had managed it, you had no idea. The thought of doing it again made your stomach churn. Feeling your chest rise and fall heavily, you concentrated for a moment and listened to the insistent screaming going on in your head.

He hadn't noticed.

You sucked in a quick breath and forced yourself to stand. It would be very stupid if you to got caught less than a few feet away from the apartment.

You let your feet carry you down the steep fire escape, the metal was cold to touch and stung your I'll treated finger tips. You only used your hands to stop you tripping, you didn't realise how weak your legs were, just to avoid any hypothermia.

When you were finally on solid ground again, you sighed with relief. Glancing up at the window that you'd thrown yourself from not even 5 minutes ago, you stuck your middle finger up towards the open glass "Fuck you asshole" you muttered, before taking off down the road.

You watched as the sun had started to set, the dark orange glow filled the sky and you could feel the bitter cold slaps of the fall air on your bare arms. Maybe you should have grabbed some supplies before leaving.

The screaming in your head has stopped a while back, that made you nervous, it was practically radio silent now. In one way, it was good, you could focus on how the hell you were going to get home; but in the same breath it made you nervous because then you had no idea what Anti, or Damien were up to.

Had they even noticed that you'd left? Of course they had, there was no way you could have gone unnoticed. Anti routinely checked on you, it wouldn't have taken him long to figure out you had disappeared, all that mattered was that he wouldn't find you.

You had spent about 5 or 6 hours walking down various streets, zig zagging and making an unpredictable trail of footsteps. Also picking up any loose change you found along the way, you were going to need money sooner or later.

You guessed it was lucky that you'd been used to starvation.

For the last 2 or so hours you'd diverted down a long highway, around 30 minutes ago it had started to be engulfed in trees. 'This is good' you thought 'Less exposed'.

But you were becoming tired, and dehydrated. You would have to stop somewhere soon to at least rest, especially considering it was getting dark. However, a random mugging or bear attack seemed a hell of a lot better than Anti somehow catching up with you.

Weighing up the odds between being mulled to death, or being re-captured and having to reap the consequences, you trailed off into the forest - something told you being ripped apart would be less painful.

The thought of climbing a tree and trying to sleep on a branch like in the Hunger Games, but that seemed like a stupid idea. So you kept walking. Walking and walking. You kept going until you found a glowing light. At first you thought that it was the moon, but then you remembered that the moon is circular and this had words in it. 

It was a gas station!

If you could get your hands on a phone you could call home, or the police or something! You started to push your way through the trees and bushes until you were met with the glass doors to the gas station. With the last ounce of your strength, you fell onto the station floor.

I am going to be uploading more on Dreame as they are paying me for my stories, if you want to see more go to www.dreame.com and search The_Angel_That_Wrote 

If you don't want to read it on there please do follow me on there anyway, the followers and views on stories calculate how much you get paid and, as you all know, I struggle with money and want to be paid for my work.

(I would stay here but I asked Wattpad to make me a paid creator and they wouldn't)