The Dimensions

You reached your fingers forward and felt nothing, you grazed the floor beneath you and again felt nothing. Even looking around, all you could see was a dark void.

There wasn't a single spec of existence for miles.

Kneeling on the abyss beneath you, you hung your head, you were exhausted and hungry. For most of your life you speculated what death would feel like, but you never thought it would feel like this.

You guessed this was purgatory, the place you go when you're waiting to be sorted into heaven or hell, like a twisted version of the Sorting Hat but instead it sentenced you to eternal damnation.

You hadn't been a bad person, at least you didn't think you had been. You always tried your best to make others happy and to ensure they were okay before yourself, maybe that's how you ended up here - not looking after yourself first.

Now you were going to die, all alone, your family never knowing what happened to you.

"You're not dying" a voice echoed around you, it sounded as though it was bouncing off of the walls; if there were walls.

"Not yet anyway" it chuckled.

"If I'm not dead, then where am I?" you croaked, it had been ages since you used your voice for more than one word sentences. You waited for the voice to respond.

"Wouldn't you like to know?" It finally replied, this time it was louder, as though it was getting closer but in this hell hole, you couldn't be sure.

"That's kind of the point of asking a question" you snapped, "To get an answer". "And what do I get if I tell you?" the voice teased, it had a playful tone, not like Anti's, this one was calming an sensual.

"How about I don't beat your sorry arse when I find you?" You threatened, months of being at the mercy of someone else had finally built up enough for you to stand up for yourself, at least not to Anti.

"You're a fighter" the voice continued, "I like that" it said, you felt your guard instinctively heighten and you stood, you weren't about to be taken out without a fight. The hairs on the back of your neck stood up, and you slowly turned around, scanning the area.

You saw a flicker of red and blue light in the distance, it looked like a police car, you squinted to try and get a better look. Suddenly the light stopped, you held your breath, only to exhale it harshly when the colours flashed directly in front of your eyes, temporarily blinding you. You closed your eyes immediately and tried to rub out the pain.

"How about you show me what you're made of?" they threatened, this time they were definitely closer to you. Opening your eyes you saw a man, around 5ft 9 standing too close for comfort - in shock you attempted to take a couple of steps backward but tripped over your own feet, sending you tumbling backwards and onto the floor.

The man hummed in thought, you looked up at him through your eyelashes, too embarrassed by your fall to look at him directly. "I thought I would take more than that to get you on your back" he grinned, crouching down so he was face to face with you.

It was then that you realised that he was the spitting image of Mark, you were speechless. The man looked over you as though he was inspecting you, you shied away from his gaze but he pulled your chin back to face him.

"I can see why he picked you" he commented, you weren't sure what it meant, "Oohhh" he groaned closing his eyes "But it is so tempting to make you mine" he continued.

At that you pulled your face from his grasp and started to shimmy your body backwards so you could put some distance between you and him. When he realised what you were doing he stood up and shook his head, the look of annoyance was evident on his face. Fear overtook you, you pulled yourself up onto your feet and started to run.

"Do you know how much effort I put in to getting you here?" He shouted after you, but you just continued to run. "Do you even know why you're here?" He continued, he somehow managed to appear in front of you.

"There's no point running, you're in the Dream State" he smirked at you, he stepped forward but you bolted in the opposite direction. "I control everything in here" he shouted again, you could tell by the tone of his voice that he was getting agitated.

"He can't help himself, he's bonded with you. You'll never be able to escape him" he explained through the darkness. Exhausted, you stopped running and placed your hands on your knees, huffing for air, "What do you mean bonded with me?" you screamed into the void.

"He mated with you, yes?" the man questioned you, you winced thinking about it "I guess you could call it that" you snarled at the memory.

"Demons like him, young and uncontrollable, mate with only one person and then become bonded" the man appeared in behind you, you didn't need to see him to know he was there, you could hear his footprints.

"What are you saying?" You asked, completely confused, "I'm saying, you're his for all eternity" he snapped. You shook your head furiously, "No, no way" you refused, "There's a way out, be mine, mate with me and you'll be free".

"Why do I have to be someone's, why can't I just be me?!" You screamed, feeling tears well up your eyes. "Don't cry" the man soothed you, he let out a saddened sigh, "It's such a shame that we have to kill you" he said casually.

"What?!" You exclaimed, "Well we cant just let you roam free, he's fixated on you, he's obsessed. So much so that he broke through reality to have you" he shouted at you, becoming angrier and angrier, "He has duties back in our dimension, duties that he's neglecting" he finished.

"Y/N?" you heard Anti calling you from a distance, "Not now! Why do you have to interrupt everything?!" the man screamed into the sky, "Y/N please wake up" Anti pleaded, his voice becoming louder.

"I'm sorry, I don't have a choice" the man said, and lunged for you, you screwed your face up and shut your eyes waiting for impact.

When you felt nothing, you opened your eyes. All you saw was Anti hovering above you, a worried look on his face, "Thank God you're okay" he smiled.

The feeling of waking up after passing out was becoming all too familiar to you, was this your life now?

Want chapters to be updated faster? Think about supporting me on patreon.

https://www.patreon.com/TheAngelThatWrote

The majority of my time is taken up working to be able to live, with your help I'll be able to spend more time writing and less time working if I'm able to make writing my primary job.