Chapter 14

Our house bell rang and I look at the clock, it's already seven o'clock in the evening. They must be here already. I look at myself through the mirror, for our family dinner tonight; I wear skinny jeans in wash blue color with v neck shirt in white color, combine together with stiletto in white color and let my hair down.  I wear a simple necklace and bracelet and natural make up for this dinner. Everything is perfect. I took a really deep breath then exhale it, when I hear someone knocked on my bedroom door.

"They are already in here." Sky said to me. He wears a shirt in blue color and black jeans together with his Adidas. I nod my head and decide that this is it I need to go downstairs now. Sky wrapped his arms around my shoulders,

"Just tell me if you want to go somewhere." He whispered to me and I smile widely at him.

"I know you will help me but we can't do anything." I said to him.

Our chatting getting stopped when Sophia comes toward me and hugging me tightly. "Oh you look so stunning, Willow." She said to me.

"Thanks, Sofia. Hello, Max."I greet Clyde's dad. I look at Clyde who stands near the window.

He only nodded his head and didn't make any moves toward me, so I just reply his nod. Next, Ian and Irene come. Both of them greet Clyde's family before Irene put her hands on my arms.

"How are you?"She asks me happily.

"I'm good." I said to her with a big smile and both of us goes to the dining room.

I sit on my mom right side when Clyde is sitting beside me. In front of me there is Ian and Irene also Sky.

"You look so tense, are you okay?" Ask my mom to the both of us.

"I'm fine, Mrs. Woods." Clyde replied to my mom politely.

"Call me Genevieve, Clyde." Say my mom with her beautiful smile.

Our food being serve and everyone has been busy with their own talking. I play with my food until I could feel Clyde's hands on my thigh. I push his hand away but his hand keeps on my thigh. I look at him, but Clyde keep talking with Ian and also Irene.

"So, how both of you coping up so far?" ask Max suddenly towards me and Clyde.

I got silent for a moment and after a minute Clyde clear his throat. "We have a lot of struggles. I know basically that's on me but I want to try this relationship with Willow." said Clyde.

And here we are...I'm on the spotlight.

"I...I'm...I think we have a lot of different perspectives on life." I said this time and I could feel Clyde who squeezed my thigh now.

Both of our parents now looking at me, Ian and Irene looking at their food while Sky nodded his head, he is agree with me. Both of Clyde's parents took by surprise by my answer.

"What do you mean dear?" asked Sophia this time.

I clear my throat, "I mean we don't know each other at all and personally I would never marry someone who doesn't know me. I want someone who knows who I am and could respect me."I said to her now.

"If this is because what Clyde had done, I believe that we could find a way—"

"It is...But I don't think we would find any solutions." I cut Max when he talked.

"Willow! Could you please watch your mouth? You know you can't back out from this wedding..."my dad scolds me and I nod my head,

"I know. But I'm just saying what I want to say."I said softly.