Whiskey

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Abigail

"Hey, Abs... earth to Abigail!" My best friend Marisa says, making me come out of my trance as I stared stupidly at the ceiling while I listened to the birds singing.

I wanted to suppress the feelings inside of me, just for a little while, if I could. "Hi, Marisa. What time is it?" I said as I sat up after lying down on the grass of our school field.

She chuckles, looking at her phone. "Abbie, Abbie, Abbie... always the dreamer. It's... 3: 25," she says, making my eyes widen in horror. "WHAT?" I say, standing abruptly. "No... no no no no NO!" I panicked as I grabbed my bag and swung it over my shoulder, running toward my home as fast as I could. "I am so dead."

I was expected to be home after school no later than 3:30. It took me nearly fifteen minutes to get home, walking, because I didn't have a ride or transportation. If my father got there and the house was not clean or food made, I was going to get it. And it was not going to be pretty.

"Wait, Abbie. I'll go with you. I'll help." My best friend Marisa calls out after me running behind me. "No, Marisa. You know my dad, he will be really mad if he sees me getting help. Just... go home. I'll meet you at our spot tonight." I called out, running faster.

"Abbie! Wait, Abbie, can we talk?" My heart sank, and I contemplated my next actions as I saw my long-time crush, Hunter Black. He's the neighboring pack's son. He's the sweetest, most caring guy that I have ever met. And I have a mean crush on him, but he can never know. He and I could never be. His alpha hates my alphas guts. They can't stand each other, even though his dad always tries and help us.

Our alpha is very mean, and he is extremely greedy, just like most of the people in our pack.

"I... I'm sorry, I have to go." I call out, passing him quickly. The scent of passion fruit, and fresh rain hit me as I passed him, making me smile unwillingly. I can't explain why he smells so good. He must wear a really unique perfume or something.

My name is Abigail Montero. I am the bastard daughter of Armand Montero.

He had me out of wedlock, and for that, I am shunned by our pack. Everyone in my pack sees me as a waste of life. I came into this world only to taint our pack's beta's life and his family after all.

And if you're wondering why I am not living with my real mom... well I don't know either. Other than Dad telling me she didn't want me either, making him have the bad end of the deal and getting stuck with me.

I ran as fast as I could until our small cabin came into view. We didn't live in our pack house like most betas would. Dad was all about... privacy. Most likely because he didn't like people knowing how he was beating my stepmom and me.

My breath staggered as I slowed down and I caught my breath, fixing my oversized t-shirt and tucking my hair in the back of my ears. "I don't care, just take her, do whatever the hell you want with her, just take her away. Just leave the box in there." I hear Dad say to a man standing next to him. Another man looks awfully suspicious at me as he walks inside the house with a wooden box in hand. I wonder what's going on?