My New Pack

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Abbie (Six years later)

I wish I could say my life has been easy over the last few years, but it hasn't. I did find an amazing pack... or... more like they found me. I found a family who was willing to take me in, and over the years we became very close. At first, their daughters and I did not get along.

At least the oldest, Felicity and I didn't. She hated me and thought I was trying to steal her family, but after a few years, we became really close, and she is the big sister I always wish I had. Life in high school was hell. We had no choice but to attend a human school because we didn't have enough people in our pack to start our own school.

I fit in like a lemon on a basket of apples, whether with humans or the rest of the pack. If it wasn't for our new alpha, Luke, they would have probably kicked my butt daily. Luke and my big sister Felicity are mates, and since she is the new Luna, she looks out for me a lot. She is two years older, just like our alpha Luke.

When I finally turned eighteen, three years ago, Felicity purposely held a small party, with the excuse that she was celebrating her second wedding anniversary. But I know she did it intending to see if I found my mate. Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to it, and with good cause because I didn't find him that night, and I haven't till now.

A few months after that, I got a call from my best friend, Marissa. She was heartbroken. She had found her mate, none other than our alpha's son. But he rejected her. One, because she was not from his pack, and two, because she was a gamma's daughter, and he wanted nothing less than a beta. Crazy, right? Because she had already beaten the beta of his pack and hers, plenty of times during sparing.

She ran away and I feared that she could be the next victim. So I begged Luke to let her into our pack. He wasn't so sure, but I made him a deal, if she could beat our top warrior, then she was in. I knew she was good, even when I was still at my father, Armand's home, and we were young, she kicked butt.

So, he agreed, and Marissa kicked butt. She has ever since been part of our pack, and Mom, being the big-hearted woman that she is, took her in too.

"I'm home!" I yelled as I ran inside my home after a very long and stressful day, tossing my bag and keys on the living room sofa, and sprinting upstairs. "Abbie!" mom yells out after me. "Come have dinner. It's late," my mom, Stephany yells, as I burst into my room quickly, to look for my workout outfit.

"I can't, Mom. Dad is waiting for me," I yelled back, bursting my closet door open. "You come down here this instant young lady. You are not going anywhere without a proper meal in your stomach." My mom calls back, making me chuckle.

I grabbed my clothes and searched for my shoes, regretting the decision to leave my room so unorganized this morning when I left for work. "Abigail, I mean it. You come down here and have a bite or you'll be dealing with me later, girl," she yells making me chuckle. "Mom. I swear, I had something to eat at work already. Don't worry about me. Besides, I'm late. I have to go. Dad and the girls are waiting." I put my shirt on, slipped my tights on, grabbed my sneakers, and looked down the stairs toward the kitchen. I chuckled as I saw her roll her eyes.

Dad is the trainer of our pack, and he was not going to be happy if I was late, even if it was Mom's request. Since I work most of the day, my training along with my sister's is at night. I like it, more peaceful, less audience. Only dad, my sisters, a few warriors, and our Alpha, Luke.

"We are not taking any chances. We work hard, vigorously, and non-stop! Understood?" He'd say every training. There has not been a day, or night in my place, where we haven't trained, with a few exceptions when we are either sick or out somewhere important.

I looked around, hoping I wasn't forgetting anything important. I grabbed a bag with extra clothes, swung it over my shoulder, and took off. "We are so late, Abbie." my Wolf, Merida says, laughing away. She knew what was coming, Dad hated us being late and when one of us was late we had to deal with his surprise attack.

"I know, Merida. I know. Goddess, I hope Dad doesn't kick my butt today!" I say, running toward our training ground.

"You can take him, Abbie. You're stronger now, you can totally take him! We can take him. Have faith at least this once, will you?" Merida says, making me roll my eyes.

Marissa drives like a maniac, screeching her tires to a halt, and dashes out, running as fast as she can to catch up to me, making me chuckle. "Look who's late too!" I yell, making her throw her head back in laughter. "I wonder who dad is going to attack first?" she asks, making me nod as I try to contain my laugh.

We turn toward the field we train, and like on cue, I see a sand sack flying my way. I dodge it, ducking my head. But Marissa is not so lucky as she takes the impact right in the chest! I hear her yell, making me laugh.

Dad comes out of nowhere taking me by surprise as he begins to swing at me. I Dodge one blow after another. He swings his foot under my feet, making me jump, barely missing his sweep. Time and time again I dodged until I took him off guard and swept my foot under him, making him fall back, landing on his back. "Oh! And the big man goes down!" Felicity and Jessie yell out making us chuckle. "I never thought I'd see the day!" Alpha Luke says as he and his beta Roy chuckle, crashing their hands together in a high five.

"Good job sweetheart. But next time," he says as I hold my hand out and help him up. He pulls me by the arm, making my eyes widen in surprise as he throws me over his shoulder and makes me land flat on my back with a thud. "Don't be late!" he says, as the girls erupt in laughter. "And don't let your guard down," he adds, pointing his finger toward me.

We train for a few hours until we are out of breath and the moon has shifted positions telling us it is way past midnight.

"I swear, I am going to lose it, Marissa. For six years I've been trying to look for this... notorious rogue King." I sighed, wondering if I would ever find him. "If it wasn't for him, I would have died that night when my So-called daddy sold me to those damn rogues. I am freakin dying here... I need to find him." I say as Marissa and I lay on the rooftop of our house, looking at the sky.

"We'll find him someday. But I don't get why you are obsessed with finding the guy. You should be looking forward to finding your mate, and so do I... Goddess I wish I could someday find myself a sexy second mate. But now... the problem is, how are you going to explain to Mom and Dad you got fired last week," she asks, making me groan.

Last week I got fired after arguing with a girl I worked with at a restaurant in a neighboring town.

If it wasn't for my Wolf, Merida, I probably would have bitten her head off. Instead, I was blamed for the argument and lost my job. I have been spending every day trying to find a job, filling out one application after another, and going to countless interviews.

It didn't matter that I had gotten my degree in business, I was either not qualified enough, or way too overqualified for the job. I hated the human world. They are so complicated.

"Girls, get down here, right now!" Mom yells from the house, making my eyes widen. Marissa and I exchange worried looks. "Oh no."

"She knows!" My Wolf, Merida says, making me groan inwardly. I sigh, getting up and walking back inside the house we crawl back through the window and wait to be scolded.

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️