The Boy With Beta's Blood

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

Abbie's POV

Hunter ran his hands delicately over my sides, making my skin crawl with goosebumps. I couldn't help but gulp with my eyes closed as he began to turn me on. My breath became erratic. I interlaced my hands on his hair, tugging on his strands lightly as he continued to leave wet kisses on my neck and chest.

"Hunter... I want you, baby." I whispered making a throaty grunt escape him. He pulls me up, making me sit on the small dresser behind him. His eyes were dark, filled with lust.

He takes his coat off and pulls on his tie, making me bite my bottom lip as I become eager to have him inside me.

But, just as we were halfway through his unbuttoned shirt, the worst happened. I felt a chill down my spine as we heard a mind link go through the pack. At the same time, Spencer came running, telling him that something terrible was happening, and making Hunter stand abruptly. I jumped, off the dresser and turned with my breath still short, making me feel a bit panicked.

"Hunter, what's happening?" I ask, feeling mortified as I look between the two. "Boss... we have to go."

"Get the warriors ready. We leave immediately. Abbie, Spencer is going to take you to the pack's safe room where you will join my mother and Lily. You will stay in there no matter what. Listen," he says as he takes my shoulders and looks at me sternly.

"I need you to stay safe. Do not come out of that room or let anyone out until we return safely. Is that understood?"

I was becoming scared and puzzled at his request. why did he need me to go into the hideout? I need to be by his side and fight if there is an attack. why is he not telling me anything?

"Hunter. I don't understand you. What is happening?"

"Abbie, a pack nearby is under attack. Alarick has requested for backup. I need to take my warriors and help him. Please, baby, I need you to go into safety."

"NO, Hunter. I'm going with you."

"Abbie, do not be stubborn. This is dangerous."

"And all for the better reasons, I need to go and help. Hunter, I'm a good fighter. Let me help."

"Abbie, this is not the time."

"This is the right time. If not now, when? I'm your mate, I'm supposed to be by your side, no matter what."

"NO, Abbie... Don't you get it? If something happens to me out there, you are the one who will need to lead this pack. You're my mate. If I'm gone," he says, closing his eyes, and cupping my face as he sighs.

"If I die out there, you need to lead our pack. They will need someone to take care of them," he says, making me fill with sadness.

"They will have a good leader. Lily and your mother are good leaders. My place is next to you. Please, Hunter. Let me help." I plead, making him grunt.

I get I'm probably acting irrationally, but this is what I was born to do. What is a leader if not to lead by example?

Though he was reluctant, he finally obliged. "Fine. But you stay by my side at all times. Understood?" he warns me, making my eyes water as I nod.

We made our way quickly to the fitting room and geared up, made our way to grab weapons where I decided on a long katana and a bow and arrows. Then we left to the vehicles as fast as we could.

Hunter drove like a madman. I could see why he said it was important to practice driving, as he swiftly drove at a high speed so smooth it actually made me feel as if I was stuck in a movie.