Mine

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

Abbie

I fisted my hands as my jaw clenched, my Wolf was going crazy and I was trying to play it off as Luna Maddy kept talking to us. She smiles, holding Mom's hand and squeezing mine gently. "Mate... Mate!" Merida yells again, making me close my eyes and sigh. "My Goddess, Merida. Shut it. You sound like a needy sex-deprived howler." I say, making her growl.

"Abbie, sweetie, you remember when you were down here right? We had this whole area still under construction. My daughter Lily and you would come up to that tree house down that path and spend all day up there until your dad came to get you." Luna Maddy says, making me smile.

How can I forget? I was trying to hide from the man. Trying to get away from his fist and the bottom of his boot. "I remember. Where are Alpha Black and Lily anyway? I haven't seen them." I asked, and I felt like I had said something wrong.

Her expression changed, making me look with concern toward my mom. "My dear... my husband died a little after you left, sweetie," she says, making my eyes widen in shock. "What?" I asked, looking at Marissa. She looked down, guilt written all over her face.

"I'm sorry, Abbie. I didn't know how to tell you. I knew how heartbroken you'd be." she mind-linked me. My eyes filled with tears. I loved Hunter's parents, and his dad was the nicest man I had ever met before I ended up in the black ravens pack. "I... I'm so sorry, Luna Maddy." I said, placing my hand over her hand. She smiled timidly, sighing deeply as she looked away.

"It was hard at first. You could never imagine how hard it is to lose your mate. It's true when they say it's painful. Not only physically, but mentally, and emotionally. It's like a part of you goes missing and no matter what goes on in your life, that void is never filled again." she says, pursing her eyebrows. Her voice was soft and filled with pain.

"What about Lily and Hunter? How are they handling life after Alpha was gone?" I dared to ask. She looks at me and gives me a partial smile. I could feel the pain in her sweet eyes. "Hunter is taking it rather well now. He was so broken at first. He had it worse than Lily. But, he's such a sweet boy. He's so caring, so dedicated to the pack. He's lived by everything his dad taught him." she says a bit proud, making me smile.

"Lily... oh my Lily..." she says, looking down again, sighing deeply.

The huge double door from the room we were in bursts open and I see him. His rugged physique. He's so gorgeous. My nose fills with a heavenly scent of fresh rainwater and passion fruit. Just as when we were kids... except, the scent is stronger. More intense, making me feel as if in euphoria. "MATE!" Merida yells in my head, making my eyes widen in shock as his muscles contort under him. His chest rose up and down, looking as if he had run the whole way over here.

I instantly turn trying to hide. Goddess, please... open the ground and eat me up alive! Shit! Shit! No, this... this can't be happening. Why him?

"MAAAAATE!"