Unexpected Apology

Abbie's POV

I took a fork filled with grilled chicken to my mouth and moaned as the flavors exploded in my mouth, closing my eyes and sighing.

Hunter chuckled as he devoured his steak with rice and beans. Let me tell you something, werewolves are freaking carnivores! And I mean it. Especially the men, they freaking love meat. And- especially Hunter. He's a damn carnivore, but he also has a thing for Mexican food. Everything needed to be smothered with hot sauce.

I, on the other hand, love to try everything. I love Mexican food, but today, I was more in the mood for pasta, so I had chicken alfredo, and yes, with chili pepper flakes added to it because it did taste better with a bit of spice.

"Good, huh?" he muffled, making me chuckle, covering my mouth as I stuffed myself with pasta. "It's so good. Just as I remembered." I muffled, covering my mouth, and chuckled.

The night went by so perfectly for us. Analise occasionally returned to refill our drinks. We had gotten beer for Hunter and red wine for myself. Not once did she look at Hunter, always looking down and giving me polite smiles. I felt awkward, though. Plus, she smelled like a human. Was she one of the few humans that lived in Hunter's pack? Maybe that's why she wasn't aware of how the mating bond thing worked.

Regardless, I felt horrible knowing she had to be humiliated in front of everyone. On the one hand- I was thankful because it only meant he truly loved me and waited for me, but on the other hand- if he had taken her as his chosen, she would be sitting in my spot right now.

Then there's also Leah-Hunter's first mate. I still don't exactly know everything and why he decided to reject her. I'm glad because he is all mine, but if not, then... it meant I would have had to share him. He was destined for two mates, which is not rare in werewolves, but I've heard so many have fought between them, while others who have multiple mates live happily together.

Who knows what would have been if Hunter had kept Leah and me?

After dinner, I would not pass out on the acai bowls; I indulged in them and devoured two bowls, actually.

Hunter lifted his finger, signaling Analise to bring the check. She shyly approached us, head down and fingers crossed before her. "Alpha Black, our chef, says the meal is on the house. She hopes you have enjoyed your meals. Have a good evening, sir." she politely says, making my eyes widen in surprise. "Luna, it was a pleasure to meet you finally. Please, if there is anything I can do for you in the future, do not hesitate to reach out to me," she says, looking down at her shoes and vowing slightly.

"Uh... thank you, Analise," I reply politely, making Hunter grunt. He was still not fond of her, but I didn't see her as a threat. Merida had calmed down around her, too, which made me aware she would not be any problem. I trust Merida, and if Merida says she's ok, then I believe her.

"And I hope you can come to me as well. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need help." I say, smiling at her.

She looks up, surprised by my words. Her lips partially parted and eyes wide in shock. She smiles, drops her shoulders a little, and nods happily. "Thank you, Luna. Have a beautiful night," she says, turning on her heel and leaving.

Hunter gets up and extends his arm out for me, kissing my hand as I take him, and he helps me to stand. "I'll be right back; I need to use the ladies' room before we leave," I announce, making him smile.

"OK. I'll be out waiting for you in the car. Don't take long. I love you." he says, pressing a kiss on my lips. He then takes a large bill, placing it in the middle of the table as a tip. "I knew it. He's a softy." Merida says, making me chuck;e inwardly.