Protector

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨

Hunter's POV

I talked with Brandon as we went out for fresh air. I told him what Abbie had explained to me. To my surprise, he remembers that day vividly. It was one of his first encounters with those rogues, and he remembered how he and Wesley had ripped them apart. He promised to meet with Abbie for a quiet breakfast tomorrow morning. And to make things better, Wesley will be joining us, too. - don't tell Ricky. He's still not fond of the guy.

And why would he? Wesley was a menace in his younger years, and he let his mate, Hope, control him. He killed so many innocent men to quench her insatiable desire to monopolize the southern regions. I'm glad he saw how wrong he was. He was one of the main guys who helped bring peace to our lands.

I still can't believe what Brandon told me, though. I actually side with Ricky, hating the guy. But I guess Livie was correct; there's still some good in Wesley.

After I left Brandon, I was called to someone else table and decided to go chat with them, seeing my beautiful mate was still busy talking to the girls at our table. I sighed, seeing the bright smile on her face and seeing how she was holding Brie, Livie's baby, making her giggle. Damn- she looks so damn pretty holding a baby. It reminded me of the fucking dream I had last night. I swear I'm going to make Abbie a baby tonight.

I returned to my table after the visiting alpha who called me over had proposed business with me. I was irritated when I saw his true motives. Apparently, he didn't get the memo that I had already found my mate, Abbie. He used the stupid excuse of wanting to do business with me, but- what he really wanted was to introduce his daughter to me and offer for us to get to know each other in hopes of having her become my chosen mate. Hah! Jokes on him.

I would never take a chosen mate.

First, because I made a vow to my father that I would wait until I found Abbie. He knew she was my true mate. And given Leah was my mate also, it meant I was fated to two mates, which- I didn't need. Abbie was far more than enough for me. Ok, so I confess... I tried dating someone in high school, but I guess it lasted what? Two days? She hated me after and fled. I never saw the girl again. Everyone blamed it on me, saying I was a complete douchbag.

Hell, I don't even remember the girl's name. What was it again? Lidia? Tina? Mirna? Something with Ina in it, I just don't remember, and frankly, I don't care. I never really liked her. I just wanted my mom off my back about taking a chosen mate and finding a new Luna.

But I just couldn't. I felt I was cheating on Abbie, even though we weren't even dating.

It's easy to say I turned him and his daughter down. I have no intention of giving her a chance to talk to me. She will have the opportunity to meet her chosen one day, maybe in a few days, maybe months, years, even... but it's the best feeling to know you are with the person the moon goddess destined you to be with.

"Alpha. Can I have a word with you? Just a quick word, please?" I hear Armand's voice from my side, making me fist my hands. I tighten my jaw, closing my eyes to cool Titus down. He growls, threatening to merge. I can't blame him. He's mad, just as I am mad.

I pull his arm and make my way to the nearest exit. I slam the door open and pull him out, making his feet stumble as he almost crashes onto the wall. We were all alone in a long corridor that led toward the cellars.

"You got some fucking nerve, Armand. I should rip your damn head off. You knew... you knew how important Abigail was to me. You knew... and you still!" I growl, fisting my hands as I stand an inch away from him and punch the wall behind me, making him flinch.

"P-please, alpha. I just want to ask about my daughter. I know I was a menace before. I didn't care about anyone. But I... I've changed, you know I have." he says, making me want to punch the wall again. How dare he still act as if he cared for her? The only reason I played the nice guy back there in front of everyone was to avoid making a scene for the rest of the guests. "She has nothing to talk to you, Armand. And if you know what's best for you, you'll stay away from my mate." I grit my teeth, fisting my hands tightly, making my knuckles white.

"I... I'm guessing you know the truth. I don't blame you for hating me. I deserve it. But I have changed. There are so many things I regret about my past. I just," he says, looking at me with sadness in his eyes.

"I want to make things right. I want to beg her for forgiveness. I know I don't deserve it. But, I owe her an apology for... So many reasons." he says, as his breath gets caught in his throat as he looks at me on the verge of crying.

I can be a very sympathetic person. But I will not be fooled easily. "That is not for me to decide. You will have a chance to ask her to talk to you. But for now, I want you to stay far away from her. If I even hear you, or anyone from your pack, try and hurt her," I say as I get close to his face, towering over him as his eyes widen in shock.

"I swear I will rip them to shreds. Do I make myself clear?" I say in my alpha tone, exposing my canines. "Y- yes, alpha," he says, shaking.

"Get out of my sight," I demand, making him gulp down and making him turn quickly. Abbie is mine, and I owe her the protection, care, and love she deserves. I'll be damned if I let anyone hurt her, even if it is his dad... or sister.

Tara is on my top list right now. I may have been lenient to her, wanting to still believe there was some good, hoping that maybe I can convince her from the shit she was doing behind walls, but after all the things Abbie told me she put her through, I am no longer interested in letting things slide. Tara will pay for all the wrongs she has done, and Armand better watch his steps, because I'm coming after him and everyone who dares try and harm Abbie.

💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨💖✨