Little Black Card

Abbie's POV

I woke up this morning sore and naked, tired and cranky, yes... I'm not a morning person, but I will get up if necessary.

On the other hand, Hunter was up and about, dressed sexy, playing loud music in the shower as he finished getting ready.

He had numerous meetings today, but he still made it for breakfast with me. We sat with Brandon and Bella, and let me tell you... it's a breakfast that I will never forget. I finally got my chance to say thank you to my savior, and it was awesome. I feel so joyful right now that nothing can ruin my day.

"OK, love. I have to get going. Alarick and Maiden are waiting for us to get the meeting started. I will see you later, ok?" Hunter says as he cups my face and kisses my lips, making me smile.

"Oooohhhh!" I hear a few girls whistling and shooting as they pass by near us, making me chuckle. My cheeks blush, making Hunter smile, placing another kiss on my lips. "Ok. Hurry!" I say, making him wink.

He and Brandon leave, making me sigh as I see his broad shoulders move as he strides away.

"Abbie, I will go check on some of my members before we leave for our pack. Will you be ok?" Bella asks, placing her hand on my shoulder, making me smile.

"Of course. I will head out to the infirmary to check on my friend." I say, smiling at her.

"Great. I'll see you later, ok?" she says, hugging me and leaving soon after.

I made my way to the infirmary, smiling and greeting everyone there.

"So what are you going to do? Are you going to talk to him?" Marissa asked as I sat next to her in the infirmary. She was getting ready to leave despite the doctor's protest. He had asked her to stay another day to ensure she was safe and sound, but she, of course, was too stubborn.

"I don't know. I mean, a part of me wants to ask Armand about my real mom. But what about my mom now? I love my parents. I... mmmh... I don't know what to do, Marissa." I said, dropping my shoulders and sighing as I looked out the window.

"I know. But maybe Hunter is right. It would help if you talked to him. This will bring closure to the two of you. I know your dad was a bad guy, Abbie, but... I feel bad for him. He looked horrible. The doctor came in earlier today; I saw the pictures from last night's party. He did not look like the same guy we once knew." she adds, making me pursed my lips in agreement.

"Yeah. No kidding. He looked like he was at least a few hundred years old. I mean, I saw the pictures of Livie's father in law... Lucian?" I asked, hoping I remembered his name right.

"Livie showed me pictures of him holding his grandbabies. From what I know, he's about four hundred years old, and he looks like he's in his forties. If he was human, of course." I said, stating the obvious, making her chuckle.

"Yeah. No kidding. Did you know he's best friends with the king of our region? The guy is what... three thousand years old! He looks like he's in his early thirties. And my goddess, he's so freaking sexy!" she says, making me chuckle.

But she wasn't wrong. Werewolf royals tend to age even slower and are much more powerful. "He's three-thousand and five, to be exact, and still counting." I hear Spencer's voice from the door, making us turn.

Marissa gasps, with her mouth wide open in shock. "No way! Are you serious?" she asks, making me chuckle.

"Yes, ma'am. He will be turning the-thousand and six this upcoming fall. And our alpha and Luna are invited to the ball to celebrate his birthday." he adds, making my eyes widen in shock.