Chapter 12

When I got home, Chloe and Mia were about to head out to the movie theater.

"You guys are leaving again? You're never home anymore." I complained. 

Mia paused and turned to me, saying, "Yeah, I know. We're just going to the movies though. I'll be home afterwards." She spoke while searching for her purse.

I waved her goodbye, and the two of them took off to the elevator on our floor. I was left alone in a dark apartment during a thunderstorm. There's not much for me to do. I went to dial Ryan's number but mistakenly (or maybe not) clicked on Corbin's contact. 

"Hello, Kitten?" His voice was soft and weary. 

"Hi, um, would you like to come over? I thought maybe we could watch a movie?" I asked. A movie was the only thing I could think of doing since it's not like we can really go out anywhere. 

"I'd love to. I get off work in twenty minutes, so I'll be there in about half an hour, give or take." 

"Alright, I'll be waiting!" Was all I said before hanging up. I hung up without saying goodbye. I was so excited that he agreed to come over that I actually hung up on him.

Since I had a whole half hour before he got here, I decided to tidy up a bit. I went to take a shower because I've been at school all day and I'd hate to smell like BO while in such close proximity to someone, especially Corbin. 

I cleaned myself as best I could. I even used the expensive shampoo and conditioner. My hair felt like a freshly groomed dog.  

I was dressed comfortably in blue shorts and a huge hoodie. This outfit will never go out of style. It's a must-have. It's suitable for all weather! Too hot? Roll your sleeves up. Too cold? Tuck your legs inside the large sweater. As I previously stated, it is suitable for all weather conditions.  

I prepared a bowl of popcorn so that I would be ready to watch the movie when Corbin arrived. I popped the popcorn in the microwave when I heard a knock on the door. I opened the door for Corbin. He was dressed normally in pants and a T-shirt.

"Hey, kitten," he began.

Corbin had bags under his eyes and looked generally tired. I felt awful for pulling him over to watch a movie when he'd probably been working all day long. I debated canceling our unplanned movie date, but he's already here, so why not continue on?

"Can I come in?" He asked 

I nodded and stepped to the side, allowing Corbin to enter the apartment. He shut the door behind him and stood in front of me. I looked up into his eyes and blinked aimlessly for a moment. He smiled and rested his hand on my shoulder.

"Are you okay, Leo?" He questioned. I nodded and spun around to head into the kitchen. The popcorn pops had lessened, meaning the popcorn was ready.

I opened the microwave door and carefully removed the bowl of popcorn. It was hot, slightly steamy, and smelled so delicious. I turned around to set the bowl on the island counter when I noticed Corbin leaning on the other side of the countertop. 

"Is everything okay, Leo?" He asked in a concerned tone 

I raised a brow and gave him a funny look. "Yeah, everything's good? Why wouldn't it be?"

"Your boss?"  

"Oh! Yeah, everything is fine, I promise."

Corbin stood straight and approached me from behind the counter. He walked slowly towards me, giving me ample time to run away if I chose to. But I didn't. I stood perfectly still.