Chapter 44

The whole drive home, I couldn't stop smiling. Corbin standing up to my high school bully for me proved just how much he cared.

"If he continues to mess with you, let me know," Corbin said, not taking his eyes off the road.

"Totally," I said with a wide smile. "He looked scared out of his mind, so I doubt he'll provoke you or me again."

When Corbin and I got back to his place, he told me to work on any homework and missing schoolwork I had. He let me borrow his laptop to log into my classes online and print any papers I needed.

Corbin went to take a shower and left me to work at the kitchen counter. I did my best and completed as much as I could. Corbin told me to do it, so I worked my best to get it done. I needed to earn his trust back, which wouldn't be easy.

I was working on my trig homework when I got stuck on a problem. It was one of those problems where I felt like I was missing something, possibly overlooking the simplest step of my problem. I wanted Corbin to take a look and maybe find what I did wrong.

I didn't hear the shower running, so I took the paper and went up to his room. I knocked on the door three times and didn't get a response. I looked down at my paper once more and tried to find my issue, but I couldn't.

I knocked again, but got no answer. I opened the door slowly, ready to close it if Corbin told me to. I took a step inside, but Corbin was nowhere. I concluded that he must still be in the bathroom getting changed, so I sat down on his bed and waited. With my paper beside me, I sat on the comfy bed.

I missed the way it sank under my weight, and how the soft linens felt on my fingertips. I laid back and remembered that time I woke up in this bed after a night of fun. Damn, how could I have been such a fool?

The twist of the bathroom door handle caught my attention, causing me to pop up from the bed. I stood with my paper in hand as I waited for Corbin. He came out of the bathroom in sweatpants, nothing else.

His mouthwatering appearance almost got to me, but the confused look on his face brought me back to reality.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to intrude. I was looking for you because I needed some help." I excused, averting my eyes from his delectable physique.

"What do you need help with?" He asked, placing his damp towel in the bathroom hamper.

"Trigonometry," I stated, holding the paper out for him to take.

He took the paper and looked it over. As he did so, I was busy looking at his wet hair, his damp, toned abdominal muscles, and last but not least, his inked arms.

I stood with my arms behind me as I looked up at Corbin with heavy eyes. I felt like a small child getting help from his father.

"Where did you get thirty miles from?" He asked, pulling me from my headspace.

"What?"

"Thirty miles," he said, pointing to the side length of a triangle. "The word problem says it should be thirteen miles, not thirty."

"Oh," I said, taking the paper and looking at what he pointed to. "I see, thanks, I completely misread that!"

"Well go finish that problem, I'll be down shortly."

I nodded my head with a smile and ran downstairs to solve the problem.

For the next hour, Corbin helped me on and off with my work. I admired the man as he read things out for me. He was like the father I never had. A really, really hot father who could pull any woman or man for that matter.