Chapter 33

Since it was so late, there were no people in the streets, aside from the occasional club hopper. The street lights were dim, creating their own hair raising atmosphere.

I pulled my sweater tighter around myself to stop any warmth from escaping. Even with my thick sweater, I was freezing. I kept my phone in my pocket since my hands were too cold to use it.

I walked faster than usual to get home quicker. If Chloe had picked me up, I would've been home over ten minutes ago. I understand that she had to be with Butter, but I didn't understand why Mia couldn't stay with the kitten while Chloe picked me up.

Another option would've been to call Corbin and ask that he could take me home, but because of where he lived, he would've gotten home and had to turn around and drive right back into the city.

Corbin would've suggested Dylan, but then again, I don't like Dylan. He's too touchy, and what's worse is that I think he's like that subconsciously. I don't think he meant to be overly touchy. A part of me regretted walking home alone this late at night.

As I walked closer to home, I seriously regretted not calling Corbin back. I just wanted some warmth.

I finished my warm drink all too fast, leaving me cold afterwards. I put the empty cup in a nearby trash can and tried speed walking home on my frozen toes.

I entered the sketch area, not faltering in my pace. I ignored any and every weird sound because if I thought too long about it, then I'd freak myself out. I was only about ten minutes away from home when I heard a sound behind me. Too close behind me.

I turned my head so I could see over my shoulder. There was a person walking a little ways behind me. I didn't think much of it, though, since it is a city and people have to get places. Every minute, I would check over my shoulder, and every time I checked, the person was still behind me.

I gave up and decided to call Mia; maybe she was home already. My call went straight to voicemail. Some help she was. I scoffed. I tried calling Ryan and then Dylan. Dylan answered, which I wasn't too thrilled about.

I asked him if he could pick me up since I was walking home and freezing my appendages off. I told him my location and waited for him. He said he was only about a five minute drive away since he was in a nearby club with Jax.

Apparently, they had been club hopping to experience other clubs in the area aside from The Muse.

While waiting for Dylan, I went into one of the stores nearby. This way, if the person who had been following me really wanted to do me harm, they would have to do it inside a shop with cameras and witnesses.

I had walked into a convenience store. How convenient for one to be near me. This was the sketch area, after all. Most stores were closed, so I was lucky there was a round the clock one close by to the location I gave to Dylan.

A minute or two passed, and there were no signs of anyone else entering the building. I assumed the person who was walking behind me was just some rando who I was overthinking about.

While I waited for Dylan, I walked around the store. The cashier was a young girl who was playing on her phone.

"Can I help you with something?" She asked, smacking her gum in her mouth.

"No thank you, just looking." I smiled and walked toward the candy aisle.

I picked out a chocolate bar and paid. I munched on the chocolate while waiting for Dylan. I had stood beside one of the windows of the convenience store so I could see when Dylan arrived. As I waited, I gazed out the window out of boredom.