Chapter 27

Mia stood with her arms crossed with the disappointed mom stance.

"What is it this time?" I rolled my eyes at her and walked toward my room.

"You need to break up with that guy," she demanded.

"What?" I stopped and turned around to face her. "You don't get to make that decision for me."

"Leo, I'm your older sister. I'm supposed to look out for you." She sighed.

"Let's address the elephant in the room. Leo, you're dating somebody who's fifteen years older than you! What the fuck were you thinking?" Chloe yelled.

"My relationship with Corbin is none of your business." I fired back.

"What would mom think about it, huh? Have you even told her?" Mia argued.

"I'm an adult! My mother doesn't need to know who I'm dating."

"You're missing school because of him. Now, that sounds like a damn good reason to tell her, doesn't it?" Chloe complained.

"It's not his fault! He doesn't even know that I'm still in school! Fuck! He thinks I'm twenty one for fucks sake!" I shouted, laughing at the ridiculous situation I was in.

Neither of the girls had a good comeback. They looked disappointed in me. Whether it's because I'm in a relationship with Corbin or because I lied about my age to him, I don't know.

"And what's going to happen when he finds out?" Mia scoffed. "Do you think he'll be all fine and dandy, knowing how you lied to him?"

"I haven't thought that far yet. Why does it matter anyway? I'm still an adult, just a younger one than he thinks."

"When he finds out, he'll dump you. And as always, we'll be here for you when you fall. I just wish you'd open your ears and listen to what we have to say." Mia said this before turning to leave the apartment. Chloe followed after Mia, agreeing with what Mia had said.

Corbin never has to find out my age. Things are going so nicely without him knowing. It would be different if I were a minor lying about my age, but I'm not.

I have nothing to worry about. Mia's just trying to get under my skin. Nobody ever has to know my secret.

I grabbed a change of clothes and went for a shower. I had texted Trey earlier about not being comfortable working in the café alone. He told me that I wouldn't need to come in today since he wouldn't be able to accompany me.

Trey put up zero resistance when I told him I wouldn't work. Has the man finally grown a heart?

My shower was long and comforting as it washed away my problems. I got dressed and walked back to my room while drying my hair with a towel. There were three loud knocks at my door. I assumed Mia was back to lecture me on my bad decisions again.

I opened the door, still with my towel in hand. "Mia, go home. I don't want to-" I stopped. There was nobody in the hallway. What kind of person goes around ding dong ditching apartments? Probably some kid next door with his friend or something.

I stepped out of the doorway, looking further down the hall, hoping to catch the culprit. There was nobody in sight. They got me, and I fell for it.

I turned around to go back inside when I saw a small piece of paper taped to my door. It was taped just below the peephole. I looked around for the last time, making sure I was alone. I took the paper and went inside, locking the door behind me.

I stood at my kitchen counter, opening the note. Inside were only four words.

I know your secret.