Chapter 9

Readers POV
When we knew for sure that the killer was gone, Lyrisa and I remove ourselves from the laundry hatch and slowly make our way downstairs to the mess of a dead mans body, along with blood splattered everywhere. It was an awful thing to do but we had to dispose of the body, however, Lyrisa couldn't stomach it. She took one close up look and instantly turned around to vomit.
"I'm so sorry Lyric. If I hadn't made you stay over my house after what happened with Su, you wouldn't be in this situation."
I say quietly, rubbing her back as she coughs up the last parts of her puke.
"Don't be - silly [Name]. I'm the one - who wanted - who wanted to stay."
She reassured me between gags of the horrible taste in her mouth. Even though she said not to be, I couldn't help but feel guilty.
"Lyric, here lets go upstairs and clean you up first."
I pat her back, noticing she had a few blood splotches on her face, as well as vomit down her chin, dribbling towards her neck.

We make our upstairs, leaving the crime scene we didn't commit downstairs. Heading towards the bathroom. I sit Lyrisa down on the edge of the bath, grabbing a flannel from the shelves and wetting it in the sink with warm water. Turing to her as I begin to wipe away the blood and vomit from her face.
"God I love you [Name]. You're such a good friend to me and you always have been."
She compliments as I rub her chin with the damp cloth.
"I could say the same to you Lyric. I was always scared I was going to lose you, due to how popular you were and how unpopular I was. But you've always stuck by me."
"Of course I've stuck by you! You were the first friend I ever made as an infant. I wanted our friendship to stay forever and I still do!"
I smile to the sweet words that came out of my best friends mouth.
I turn back to the sink and rinse the cloth.
"All done."
I announce, ringing out the cloth and hanging it to dry in the heated towel rack. Lyrisa stands in hugs me tight. I of course return the embrace.
After our kind hearted moment. We looked to each other, taking a deep breath, before nodding in agreement to go downstairs.

Once we get to the bottom, we were shocked. So much so that out jaws almost fell off of our faces. Everything was gone. - everything of the murder was gone I mean. There was no blood stains, no dead man, no nothing. It was as if it never happened. All we saw, was Tomo standing there waiting for me with a confused expression of why we were shocked.
"[Name]? Is e-everything okay?          Sh-shall we get going?"
Tomo asked me as he headed towards the door.
"But - the blood? The man? The smile? The carved face with no eyelids? The  blood?"
I murmur as I look around the area. Sending glances to Lyrisa every now and then. She was doing the exact same as me.
"I-I think I had better m-make that tea a double tea. If y-y-you're imagining - *tic* imaging things like that."
He grabs my hand and pulls me out the house gently, leaving Lyrisa alone to be confused without me.