Chapter 13

Ticci Toby's POV
Once I reach my door, I see the paper nailed to it with one name written down in Red ink.
[Name/LastName].
That bastard Jeff, I couldn't get my head around how he knew I was with her or what her name was. His mission was to kill that guy. He only went for [Name] and her friend because of the fact they saw him. How does he know her name?
I shove the note into my pocket and run to Slender's office. I need to inform him on the fact that this mission can't be completed as my mission for her is to make her one of us - not kill her.
Slender's going to fucking kill me..
Once I reach his office, I knock on the door twice before entering, waiting for his call to allow me inside.
"Come in."
I listen to what he says and open the door, making my way inside, closing the door behind me. I pace up to his desk, reaching into my pocket for my mission slip and slamming it down on the hard wood.
"I c-cannot complete th-this mission."
I state agitatedly as I stare at his faceless face as his tendrils flail swiftly behind him.
"Toby, your missions are non- negotiable. They are to be completed-"
"No I-I can't and I have m-m-my reasons! Which y-you will listen to!"
I demand forcefully. Usually Slender wouldn't have any of it and would just send you out. But if you show enough aggression and persistence. He may listen.
"T-The girl who c-can read minds. The girl y-you want me to *tic* kill. I can't k-kill her. I w-want to make her one o-of us."
Slender instantly stands out of his seat, seeming angered as he looks down at me, placing his long arms on the table, leaning down.
"We do not accept humans as a part of what we have here. She could ruin everything we have and run to the police. You could lose the only home you have left. Remember who it was who saved you. Toby Rogers."
Slender growls. I hated how he reminds me of how he took me in from the fire. Every single time, he brings it up. It's as if I own him something. I've done enough to repay him. More so than was needed.
"H-How do you kno-know that would ha-happen? She could be g-g-great with her skill! W-Why judge her for b-being a human? Most of us h-here were humans before. Ej was b-before his accident. Jeff before h-his. Sally, Me-"
"That is enough Toby! You will leave immediately and complete your mission! Put on your gear and take your weapons. Your mission deadline is for two days time. Now go!"
He orders, Pointing his long arm and finger at the door to send me out. I tsk and storm out, slamming his office door as I head upstairs to my room.

I stomp up towards my wardrobe and open it, retrieving my mouth mask guard and my goggles. Putting a hoodie over my top, pulling the hood over my head to hide my hair. The last thing I pick up is my hatchet. Staring at it, then staring at the mirror. Looking back and forth before sighing and nodding to myself. Running out of my room and out of the mansion, heading into town.

Readers POV
As I remain sitting on my floor by the door, Lyrisa comes running up to me, dragging me up to my feet and hugging me tight.
"[Name]! I have no idea what's going on! You saw the dead guy too right?! I've been here wondering if the whole Su thing is driving me insane or if it's all real?!"
I pull alway from the hug and brush her hair behind her ear to try and comfort her. It always used to work when we were younger but this may be a different situation and probably won't work.
"I don't know what's happening either Lyric. I'm having trouble telling what's real and what's not. But we'll get through it together okay?"
Lyrics nods her head a little but she still seemed shaky.
I hold her hand and walk her over to the sofa, sitting her down and taking a deep breath.
"Look Lyric. I have something to tell you as it's starting to freak me out a little bit and I could use your help.."
Lyrisa nods her head with a small smile, waiting for me to tell her what was on my mind.
"Um.. You probably won't believe me but.. I can.. I.. I can read minds."
There was an awkward pause as she stares at me with wide eyes.
"[Name]. Reading minds isn't possible."
"I know! That's why I'm freaked out! I now understand the reason why I thought Su was talking rudely to me. She was, but just in her head! That's why you couldn't hear it!"
Lyrisa stands to her feet but as I stand also, she begins to back away as I walk towards her.
"[Name], I think I'm gonna go home now. Thank you for letting me stay a while."
"No! Lyric I'm telling the truth! I can hear what people say in their heads! I'm not crazy!"
I thrash my arms around trying my best to convince Lyrisa it was the truth.
"I can read minds! Hear what they're thinking to themselves! Everyone at once!"
"She's fucking insane!"