Chapter 36

[A/N: I have an apology! I just noticed that my story does not match up. The reader watches crime on tv of the death of a little girl (therefor she is not outside) yet as soon as Toby kills the little girl. The reader is already outside pinning Lyrisa to stop her. I'm so sorry it doesn't match! But I hope you enjoy reading anyway!!]

Readers POV
"Toby!"
I watch in horror as he stands before me. I had never seen him in such a state such as this. He looked awful, I could tell he was in pain, but why wasn't he acting like he was? His lips looked like they had been shredded. His eyes were glazed and bags beneath from lack of sleep. Shadows hovering them as he stares down at me. His clothes were torn and I could see cuts and burns. Some were only on the surface but others were deep down to the very bone. His entire person was soaked with blood. Some dry and some new, leaking from the deeper wounds.

I remain kneeling on the floor, holding my dead friend as he slowly approaches, stumbling, stalking slowly as his bangs hang in front of his shadowy eyes.
"Tomo!- uh.. Toby! I know that's your, your real name..! I found out, your history! I'm sorry if what happened, to your sister!"
He suddenly stops. His head cracking into a tilt, causing me to gasp and flinch. Although, he does not speak. Instead an angry growl is heard from him as he lowers down, ripping the hatchet out of Lyrisa's back. He was so close to me, I was so in reach of my own death. I was terrified.
My entire body trembles as he slowly leans down over me. His hair dangling as his piercing eyes lock  with mine, seeking into my soul.
"Stand up."
He demanded. His voice was deep and low, raspy like a sore throat. Sore throat belonging to that of a demon. Or someone who has at least gone insane.
"I said, stand, the fuck, up."
He growls has he leans even closed, causing me to lean back. Hearing his grip tighten on his hatchet. I suddenly scream when he swings back and raises weapon to strike.

Rushing to get feet, I take a few steps back to add distance. I was terrified and feared for my life. I had never seen Tomo.. -Toby like this. But not only that, the thing that stuck out to me the most-
"Toby.. your, your stutter.."
His stutters And Tremors had completely gone. Instead his neck would snap and crack as he insanely twitches.
However, he did not answer me. Instead, he steps carelessly over Lyrisa's body, closing the gap between, making me take more steps back. 
Which was the bad mistake to make. My actions of stepping away angered him even more so.
"Stop, moving, away."
He growls as he once again closes the face but out of reflex, I again backed away from him. Causing him to grind his teeth.
"Toby.. listen to me.. it's me! [Name]! We-"
I never got to finished my sentence, instead all I could do was scream in agony and clutch my hand around my left arm. Toby had sliced me with his hatchet. My tear filled eyes watch him as he grips his blood dripping hatchet tightly in his hands.
"T-Toby! How could you!"
I cry has I grip my arm tighter. Blood flowing to the floor, down my elbow to my wrist, and off of my fingertips.

As I beg for remorse through my expressions and tearful eyes. Toby unexpectedly bursts out laughing. It was psychotic and deep. I was horrified.
"Look at you. You're pathetic."
He laughs once again, this time raising his hatchet in the air above his head preparing to swing. I had to get away. I had no choice. I quickly make my move. Kicking him harshly in the stomach, watching as his winded figure drops to the floor, I make a run for it.