Chapter 58

EJ had managed to remove my chains without causing suspicion but I stay put to not distract Toby from his stance. I watch as he stands defensive towards LJ and Painter as they chuckle down at him. EJ remaining by my side, behind the others.
"So. What do you plan to do with that Rogers? Kill us?"
LJ laughs as he points to the shard of glass Toby held tightly in his hand.
As the three bicker together, I whisper over to EJ, telling him to use the adrenaline on me so I can help Toby but he shakes his head, whispering back to me.
"This isn't adrenaline.. I filled it with acid, to use on one of them."
He gestures, tilting his head towards Painter and LJ.
"So what are you waiting for? Use it now."
"I can't. They're both too alert."
He sighs, turning away from me, just in time as Painter turns, calling Jack over.
"EJ. Come and sort him out will you?"
"Why can't you?"
"Because. I'm asking, you."
Painters words were blunt and sharp. Almost piercing and demanding. EJ sighs, nodding his head a little, walking in front of Toby. Blocking all of our views so that we could only see Jacks back.
"Toby. Give me the glass."

There was silence. I couldn't hear what was being said but it was clear some sort of communication was happening due to the head movements and gestures.
"What's taking so long? Just take the damn glass."
LJ growls as he takes a step forward. As this happened, I instantly knew what was going to happen next. Their whole silence thing was a plan.
"Here LJ. Why don't, YOU HAVE IT!"
EJ yells as he turns as swings the glass shard. It slices in a perfect line across his eyes. Causing instant blindness and pain as he falls to the floor in agony. Clutching his face.
A loud growl erupts from Painter as he glares at EJ and Toby.
"You little fuck. How dare you betray me Jack!"
I couldn't let them get hurt and I couldn't keep standing around feeling weak. With all the strength I had left, I pounce onto Painters back, wrapping my arms tightly around his head and neck as I yank his head back harshly. Squeezing his waist with my legs as they too wrap around him.  He groans and stumbles back, swinging and lashing his hands behind him at his back, trying to get me off of him. But every time he tries, I just grip harder. Squeezing his neck and ribs as much as i could with the energy I had. He begin to gasp for air but my musics grew weak so he eventually managed to grab me and throw me over his head. My body collided with the hard floor with a thud. Causing a loud gasp to spit out of my throat. Toby rushes to my side, EJ standing tall over us as he watches the other two. LJ remains in pain as his bleeding sockets and blindness corrodes his body. Painter gasping and growling as he pants in our direction.
"EJ! What the fuck are you doing! Let me guess, they talked you into helping them!"
"That's none of your-"
"Aw don't tell me. Poor Jacky had his backstory brought up and he thought over his sad little memories.. YOURE A KILLER FOR FUCK SAKE!"
"That's not the point-"
"What is the point Jack? They remind you of how you butchered your daughter?"
Jacks growl grew and grew but as soon as Painter mentioned his daughter, he snapped. He lunged forwards with the syringe and fought against him ruthlessly. Punching and slashing his claws, desperately trying to inject painter with the acid. But Painter began to over power him and LJ started to stagger to his feet.

"Toby, help EJ. I can handle LJ"