Chapter 44: A Mochi's Concern

If you like the story so far, please hit that follow button so you won't miss out on any announcements I make for this story. And don't forget to join our discord, the link to which is provided on my profile page. 

Back to your regularly scheduled program!

The next few concerts went very well, especially now that I've gotten into the rhythm of performing. My room at home had started to fill up a bit from all the fan gifts, most of which were fox themed. Due to our schedule becoming more hectic, the pets of the household all went to the member's respective homes.

Taehyung's parents were insistent on taking Sketch, since they had a big farm for him to run around at and there was no way I could send him home to America. It hurt a lot to part with my baby, but Taehyung assured me that when a place in our schedules open up, he'll take me to meet his parents and see Sketch again.

That's another thing. I wonder what the other member's parents think of me, since they must know by now about our relationship. Relationships? Plural? The guys told me not to worry, but I can't help but be nervous. I'll have to meet them eventually, and of course they'll meet my grandmother, but the thought alone is terrifying.

What if they don't like me at all?

So now I'm sitting here, laying on my bed at two in the morning with nothing to do but stare at the ceiling. Yoongi has been more intimate with me lately, though the boys seem to be confused. Rightfully so, since just before I had an anxiety attack from Yoongi's death glare.

I let out a sigh, lost in my thoughts. That look he gave me was one I remember seeing from my mother a lot back home. Before I learned she was a criminal, I mean. I got them from my father as well, but it's been so long that what he had done before his arrest kind of started to fade away.

It's been almost a year since I moved away from my mother's house, and nearly two months since I've gotten here. It's like time is passing so fast I can't keep up, I can only do my best not to stumble and run out of breath. Right now though, time seems to grind to a halt. And now I have so much of it to reflect on my life.

I close my eyes, letting my old memories surface in my mind.

"God dammit!" My father screams as he swerves to avoid a car coming our way, hitting his hand on the steering wheel. "Watch where you're going, asshole!"

I wouldn't dare say that he was the one driving on the wrong side of the road. The car smells strongly of weed, so much so that I have to cover my face with my hoodie in order to breathe.

I merely held the small fox plush in my hands, the big brown eyes staring blankly back at my own. Even at the age of eleven, I've always loved plushes and the comfort they've given me when my parents were unable to.

Then came the sirens. "Dad, there's polic-"

"Shut the fuck up!" My father yells, narrowing his eyes at me from the mirror. "You think I don't see them? Just stay fucking silent."

My father takes a few moments to pull over, the cops parking behind us and shutting off the siren, though the lights are still flashing. I hold my fox tighter to my chest as one gets out of their car and makes their way to the window. He rapped on the window with his finger, and my dad rolled it down with a scowl.

The officer's face turns from calm to one of disgust, and I can only assume the smell had just hit him. "Sir, do you understand why I pulled you over?" he asks anyways, and my dad shakes his head.

"No officer, and if you don't mind I'd like to get going."

"Sir, you were driving on the wrong side of the road for some time. I'm going to have to ask for some ID," The officer continues while scanning the car from the outside. His eyes lock onto mine, since I'm sitting in the seat behind the passenger's side as my father reaches into the glove box for his license.