Chap 2- Being there for each other

Shahid was very excited to attend Kabir's special pool party. Not everyone was invited and he was so happy to be included. His dream of joining "The Space Academy" had already been fulfilled and he was pretty excited to hang around with the most popular students of the college.

He admired all the members of fab 5( the most popular and talented music band of the college) but Mukti had been his crush for a very long time now. He had even written a poem in praise of her on one of her facebook posts.

Shahid was getting dressed for the party and dreaming about dancing with Mukti at the same time.

It was five minutes past eleven when Manik finally arrived at Dhruv's residence. As he was walking towards Dhruv's house he saw a shooting star in the sky.

"Wow!" he whispered," its beautiful."

"Make a wish Manik," Manik's girlfriend Alya said standing right beside him.

Nandini was having a hard time falling asleep. The power issues had resolved but her mind was very disturbed. She was having a mixed feeling about leaving Mangalore. She was really excited about being in a new city but............it was scary as well.

"Calm down aunty, Manik will take care of it," Alya told Dhruv's mom giving her some water to drink.

"I know," Dhruv's mother said," but it breaks my heart to see my son in this state."

Alya took a deep breath. She didnt know how to deal with this. Being an orphan, she was raised by her relatives in Kolkata and she was quite a pampered child. Her masi maa Bidya had raised her very affectionately but.............she couldnt explain why she was always insecure of her cousins Aditya and Mugdha. They too loved her a lot but Alya by nature was a very insecure person. So when Manik had abandoned their date to help Dhruv, she began to have the same feelings of insecurity. Alya loved Manik and Dhruv's bonding and she was very proud of Manik was always being there for fab 5 but........there were certain feelings she couldnt help.

"Buddy!" Manik yelled at the door," are you all right?"

He soon heard a very loud sound and guessed that Dhruv had thrown some glass material and it had shattered into pieces.

Manik took out his guitar and began playing soft music. He knew that music always helped Dhruv calm down.

"Buddy," he spoke again," you remember this song, dont you? We all performed it at the concert in Mangalore. It was our best performance so far!"