Chap 28- Fights again

THE SCHOLARS COLLEGE

It was half past seven. All the students had gathered in the auditorium for fab 5's performance. Sumati and Navya had grabbed the front seats and were very excited.

"Why isnt Nandini here yet?" said Navya.

"She must be helping fab 5," said Sumati.

"I hope she comes soon," said Navya,"those people are monsters! The way they treated me.....But I cant deny the fact that I love their performance so much. Whenever they are on stage.....its a delight to watch them!"

BACKSTAGE

Manik was tuning his guitar while Cabir and Mukti were drinking coke.

"You can relax Manik," said Mukti," if Dhruv says that he has a better plan than involving Nyonika, then we must trust him."

"Mukti is right Manik," said Cabir,"Dhruv has got this. And  still if anything goes wrong, we all are here to handle it."

"I just dont have a good feeling about this," said Manik," I am worried and.................."

Nandini was standing  at the other end of the stage. She was checking if all the instruments were properly placed and tuned.

"Alya's piano is fine, Mukti's guitar is good too. Cabir's drums............" she was mumbling.

"Manik's guitar isnt here," she said,"where can it be?"

Just then she caught sight of Manik with his guitar at the other end of the stage.

"I need to get the instruments placed on stage before the curtains go up," she said," but I am in no mood to speak to him. If only it hadnt been for Dhruv's appeal I would have never seen this monster's face again."

"Mr. Malhotra," she said walking upto him," if you are done with your practice, kindly give me the guitar. I am getting the instruments placed on stage."

"I dont think you are needed here at all," said Manik," get out of my sight!"

"After this performance," she said," I am never seeing your face again. Now give me the guitar without creating a scene here."

"Stop ordering me," he said angrily.

"Suit yourself," she said," I am getting the other instruments placed. Mukti, please let Alya know that her new pair of gloves are here. I have placed them on the stool next to her piano."

"The lace ones?" asked Mukti," but how did you get them? They were out of stock."

"Well, Sumati's mom stitched a pair," said Nandini," she is quite good at needlework."

"Thank you," said Mukti politely,"Alya will be very pleased."

"Mukti," said Manik sounding irritated,"stop thanking her. Its her duty."

"Mr. Monster Malhotra," said Nandini,"when that evil mind of yours calms down, then make sure to place your guitar with the other instruments."

"Nandini!" said Kailash, one of the students, rushing towards her,"one mic stand is missing. I checked the entire store room."

"How can this be possible," said Nandini," I just checked everything this   morning and.........."

"And its still missing," said Manik sarcastically.

"I really counted everything this morning. I dont know how its possible."

"Lets not make a big deal out of this," said Mukti, " Nandini can hold the mike for Manik."

"What?" said Nandini," but why? I can hold the mike for you or Alya."

"Not possible," said Mukti," Alya's piano's sounds wont be heard if you place the mike to her mouth. And I have a habit of stamping my feet while I play my guitar. Your feet are going to get bruised like this elbow of yours."

"And I need a mike stand," said Cabir,"I am a drummer and you holding the mike for me will decrease my charm. Dhruv likes his own space. So Manik is the only one who can adjust."

"All right then," said Nandini.

"She is going to be standing next to me for the entire performance! Are you serious Cabir?" Manik said sounding quite pissed off.

" Come on Manik," said Cabir," she wont stab you."

"That," said Nandini," I cant promise."

"So we are sorted then," said Mukti,"Nandini will hold the mike for Manik."

"Damn!" said Manik.