Chap 31- Dil mein nahi wafayen thi kum

NOTE- backround music to listen while reading manan and dhrulya senes-

"Why did you jump into the pool Shahid?" said Nandini," No, you didnt love Mukti or anything like that. All you wanted was to impress Mukti and be included in the fab 5. A very cheap thing to do, I must say. And Cabir, if you feel that you and your family deserve respect then Shahid has a family too. None of his family members would have been okay with his naked pictures being there on social media. And yes, I am sorry Cabir. I didnt know your family's history. Only recently Dhruv told me that. That comment was only meant to make you angry and distract you and stop you from posting Shahid's video. Thats all."

"You cant talk to Cabir like that!" Mukti yelled at her," it was all Shahid's fault. He tried to flirt with me and you....you hurt Cabir so much and.........."

"Enough Mukti!" Druv yelled at her,"keep your voice down. Nandini is right. Shahid and Cabir both were wrong. And even all of us must now apologise to her for making her sing that awful song in front of the whole college."

"Why are you defending her so much buddy?" Manik finally spoke noticing Dhruv's protective attitude towards Nandini.

He couldnt help feeling irked by it.

"Because she is my............." Dhruv stopped for a moment and looked at Aliya.

Aliya was looking at him with teary eyes.

"Are you really dating her Dhruv?" she finally asked.

"No," he said," but she is my friend and that should be very clear to all of you."

"She is not your friend buddy," said Manik angrily," she is our enemy. She is trying to trick you buddy. She.............."

"Enough Manik," said Nandini," dont you dare say another word!"

"Or else what!" Manik yelled at her,"what will you do? Punch me again? Come on, I am ready for it."

"She punched you?" said Cabir smiling.

"Yes," said Nandini," but I neednt do that again. I have better options."

Saying so, Nandini picked up some mud and thew it straight into Manik's face.

"What the......!" he said dusting the mud from his face.

"This serves you right Monster Malhotra," she said rolling her eyes.

"You!......." Manik grabbed her arm and dragged her with him.

"Leave me!" she said as he dragged her towards the parking area," let me go you monster!"

"Yes!" he yelled at her," yes, I am a monster! And you havent seen the worst of me yet! So you better stay away from my friends or else........."

"You are no one to give me orders," said Nandini trying to free herself from his grip.

"Listen," he said pulling her closer," if Dhruv gets hurt because of you, I promise that I will make your life hell!"

"That will never happen," said Nandini looking straight into his eyes.

IN THE FOOTBALL COURT.

Mukti and Cabir had left for a drink while Aliya and Dhruv stayed back. Dhruv turned around to leave when Aliya stopped him.

"Dhruv," she said with teary eyes," why are you acting so distant? Why are you ignoring me?"

"Aliya," he said," I am sorry. I developed certain feelings for you. And considering the fact that you and Manik are together again..........."

"Its all a lie," she said stepping closer to him," we broke up and thats all. Dhruv............I want you to know that I love you......I.......I cant say it in a poetic way as other girls do. But thats it."

"Why didnt you tell me before?" he asked wiping her tears.

"I didnt get a chance to speak with you,"she said," So, you want to say sonething too?"

"Yes," he said putting his arms round her waist and pulling her closer," I love you."

And they kissed. Not by accident this time, but for real. They kissed passionately, lovingly and happily.

THE PARKING AREA

"I cant believe how your friends tolerate you," said Nandini.

"Stop talking or else......" he yelled angrily.

Suddenly, Nandini caught sight of Randheer who was walking towards his car. She knew that Harshad would have told him about her helping Dhruv. And on top of that, if she was seen with Manik, only God knew how Randheer would react. She was quite scared and worried.

"Why do you suddenly look so pale?" asked Manik loosening his grip.

"I......" she said avoiding his gaze," I need to leave."

"Wait!" he said holding her back.

"What is it?" she asked.

"I dont know," he said," but...........Just stay away from us!"

"Thats what I am doing," she said," now let me go."

Manik let go of her hand.

As she turned around to leave, her hair got stuck in the chain of his jacket.

"Ouch! she muttered as she tried to detangle her stuck hair.

"Cant you mind your hair," he said angrily.

"Just a minute," she said and pulled her hair harshly.

"Stop it," he said,"I will do it."

He gently removed her stuck hair from the chain looked up at her.

Their eyes met for a brief second and she turned around to leave again.

"Please dont go," he thought.

"What am I thinking?" he whispered to himself as she walked away.