Chap 14- Its over

Preparations for musicana were going on in the Space Academy. The Fab 5 were quite busy and occupied with their practice.

"Aliya," said Dhruv walking towards her," you seem to be too active these days. Are you taking any energy boosters?"

"Well," said Aliya tying up her hair,"I have taken my mind off a lot of things lately. And this new found peace of mind is my energy booster."

"Aliya!" Harshad's angry voice interrupted their conversation.

"Whats wrong bhai?" said Aliya,"why are you shouting?"

"I heard that you and Manik are on a break at the moment," said Harshad,"Is this some kind of joke? That guy is making a fool out of you and........"

"Enough bhai!" said Aliya raising her voice," I wanted a break, not Manik."

"You wanted a break?" said Harshad angrily," what kind of a break?"

"I need some time bhai. I need some time to focus on myself and clear my head."

"So," said Harshad," in this break of yours, you can date other guys. What do you think of Varun? He is a nice guy and............."

Dhruv, who had been silently listening to this conversation so far could not control his anger anymore.

"She said she needs a break!" said Dhruv angrily," She and Manik are still a couple. They arent ending this. So you dare not say another word. Besides that, its extremely shameful of you to advice her to date some random guy."

"So, Mr. Manik Malhotra has given you the job to spy on my sister," said Harshad," I always knew this Manik is such an insecure person."

"Dhruv isnt spying on me bhai," said Aliya angrily.

"Little sister," said Harshad," you have no idea about these fab 5. They are all liars!"

Aliya couldnt take it anymore. The constant rivalry between her brother and fab 5 had akways been exremely difficult for her to handle. She finally broke down in tears and said," Please leave bhai, I beg you. I will go on a date with that Varun if you wish. But please leave for now."

"Are you out of your mind Aliya?" said Dhruv once Harshad had left," you dont even know who that Varun is and....."

"Dhruv," said Aliya," Manik and I werent wanting to tell you all about this so soon, but the truth is that we broke up. This teenage infatuation couldnt last long. So before it could affect our friendship, we both decided to end it."

"I am so sorry Aliya," said Dhruv," but you are a part of fab 5. And being your friends, neither I nor Manik will let you go out on a date with any random guy. And that too, whom we have no idea about."