Chap 40- The truth is told

NANDINI'S HOUSE 7 PM

Nandini was alone in her room looking out of the window. The weather was pretty cold and foggy. Her mind was very much disturbed by Randheer's words.

Just then, she received a call from Navya.

"Hello Nandini," Navya spoke from the other end of the line," how are you doing? How is everyone at home?"

"We are all good here," said Nandini.

"You dont sound too good," Navya said.

"Randheer.........." said Nandini," he is just making my life miserable and........Well, nothing about that now. How are you putting up with in your new home?"

"Aunty is very kind," Navya said," but that nasty Cabir........he just cant mind his own business. You know, last night I was making biryani and he made it extra spicy while I was not looking. He wanted to make me look like a fool in front of aunty. But I am smarter. I guessed his mischief beforehand and prepared another bowl just in time. And I made sure that he ate all of that spicy biryani."

"Yes!" shouted Cabir walking into the room," this black and white madhubala is hell bent on murdering me. That biryani was as spicy as fire!"

The phone was on speaker mode as Navya was ironing her clothes at that time.

Nandini who had heard everything said,"but why did you eat it Cabir?"

"Because there was nothing else to eat,"cried Cabir," this madhubala had emptied the entire fridge!"

"Serves you right!" said Navya.

Although their nok-jhok brought a little smile on Nandini's face, yet she could not get Randheer out of her mind.

"Nandini," Cabir said," you sound very low. Is anything the matter?"

"Even I said that," said Navya," she mentioned something about Randheer."

"Randheer?" said Cabir," what about that jerk?"

Nandini was finding it extremely difficult to keep everything a secret. She found this a safe opportunity to vent our her feelings.

"I dont know Cabir," she said," the day Randheer saved me from the embarassment I had to face due to the song you guys made me sing, I thought that he is a nice person. But very soon he began showing his true colours. When I had to help fab 5 with their performance, he forcefully made me drink ice cold water saying that if my throat goes bad, then fab 5 wont be able to trouble me. Next, he slapped me and accused me of trying to get cozy with Manik. When I scolded him for trying to take advantage of Dhruv's medical condition, he pushed me down the stairs. Finally, when Dhruv and Aliya helped me leave him that day, he is now threatening to hurt Dhruv!"

"Nandini," said Navya shocked on hearing about Randheer's abusive behaviour," why didnt you ever tell me?"

"I............" she said," I.......thought that maybe......... I dont know Navya. I think I got manipulated into believing that somewhere down the line, there was a reason for his behaviour and that he isnt really a bad person."

"I......" continued Nandini," I was always very scared of him."

"That rascal!" said Cabir angrily, "I had guessed that he isnt the good guy he is pretending to be but I had no idea that things have gone this far."

"We need to keep Dhruv away from him at all cost," said Nandini.

ALIYA'S HOUSE

Aliya had prepared some hot chocolate for Dhruv who at the moment was watching the cricket match.

"Oh my! Its definitely gonna be a six again!!" he said joyfully.

"Here, drink some of this," she said placing his mug on the table.

"Thanks Aliya," he said," and by the way, Harshad isnt home today?"

Aliya's face fell and she looked away from him. Noticing the sadness in her eyes, Dhruv said," I know........he must be on some secret mission again, being the detective to investigate fab 5 and our secrets. I guess I can call him the Nancy Drew of Space Academy."

Aliya smiled and sipped her hot chocolate.

MANIK'S HOUSE

Not only had it started to rain heavily, but a thunderstorm was also on its way.

Manik was sitting at his laptop and was trying to get as much information about Randheer as he could.

"This guy Randheer," he said," why am I having a feeling that he has some connection with our past. Maybe........"

Just then, he heard his phone ringing.

It was a call from Cabir.

"Manik," Cabir said from the other end of the line," this Randheer......we must do something about him. Nandini told me..............."

"So she told you as well," Manik said leaning back," yes I know. But dont you worry Cabir. He wont be able to harm us in any way."

"And what about the harm he has already done?" said Cabir assuming that Manik knew everything about Randheer's violent behaviour towards Nandini.

"He will suffer for that as well," said Manik thinking that Cabir was talking about Randheer and Harshad's earlier attempt to hurt Dhruv in the football court.