Chap 46- A cozy evening for all

"Aliya and I have a confession to make,"said Dhruv once everyone was seated in front of the television while Cabir and Mukti were deciding on a series for everyone to watch. Snacks, coffee and drinks lay on the table.

Aliya and Dhruv were sitting on the couch with Dhruv's head rested against the pillows, Cabir and Mukti were seated on the bed while Navya sat on the wooden armchair. Nandini sat on one end of the bed while Manik was seated on the recliner couch.

"What sort of confession?" Cabir asked with raised eyebrows.

Dhruv and Aliya looked towards Nandini.

"If they find out that she knew this before we told them," whispered Aliya," the fab 5 wont like it."

"Nandini knows our little secret," Dhruv said out aloud," and it was easier for me to tell her because she.......Well, lets say it wasnt easy for Aliya and I to tell fab that we.............

We are together!"

"Aliya!" said Mukti in an angry voice,"you cheated on Manik? And that too with his best friend!"

"Shut up Mukti," Manik said," Aliya and I broke up long back. We just chose not to spill it out."

"But why?" Cabir asked.

"Because they deserve some privacy you idiot," said Mukti.

"Thats too much input," Cabir said," but Manik, you and Aliya dated for seven years...........Is it so easy for you guys to move on?"

"Cabir," said Aliya," Manik and I really liked each other when we were in seventh grade. I went through a lot when mom and dad passed away. Manik was always there with me, he supported me through thick and thin. And so did the rest of you. But we arent kids anymore and..............Since the last two years, we have been thinking about this."

"We are still friends though," Manik said.

"And we both deserve to move on and..............And make space for someone special to come into our life," he said looking at Nandini.

"Okay now," said Mukti," Wednesday or Ginnie and Georgia? What are we watching?"

"Wednesday!" Navya said," I have read all its reviews. They are really good."

"So black and white Madhubala wants to watch black and white Wedneday," Manik said," her braids are similar to yours too!"

"Really!" said Navya admiring her braids.

"I guess that wasnt supposed to be a compliment," said Cabir smirking.

The series started playing while everyone relaxed into their seats.

"He is such a jerk!" Mukti said about Tyler( a character in the netflix series wednesday. Its a must watch), as they finished watching the first two episodes.

"He is kind of cute," Aliya said.

"He is so innocent," Navya said.

Manik, who was silently watching the show and listening to everyone finally looked up at Nandini and said," So what does Miss Murthy think about Tyler?

"I dont know," said Nandini avoiding his  gaze," its just nice that Wednesday has found someone she can lean on and trust."

"Can we just play the next episode please," Cabir said.

"I.....I need to go home," said Nandini getting up," its starting to get dark."

"Oh come on Nandini," said Dhruv," Just stay please. Why dont you tell your chachi that you are having a sleepover at Aliya's house."

"Thats a nice idea Dhruv," Navya said.

Nandini nodded and dialled chachi's number while Cabir and Mukti went to the kitchen to fetch some snacks and drinks.

Once everyone had settled down again, they started watching the next episode. Nandini saw that Manik had fallen asleep on the couch.

"Its just too cold and he isnt even wearing a hoodie," she thought.

She picked up a warm blanket from one of the shelves and walked towards him. Everyone was so lost in the building suspense that none noticed. She put the blanket over him and turned around to leave.

Manik grabbed her hand and pulled her towards him.

"Manik!" she whispered," are you serious? Everyone is here."

"You think I care," he whispered putting his arm around her and pulling her closer.

"But I do," she whispered.

"Nandini," he said tucking her hair behind her ears," do you think you can trust me and lean on me?"

"One hundred percent yes," she said,"now let me go before anyone notices us."

She broke free from his grip and was about to get up when he held her wrist again.

She turned around and saw that he was pretending to be asleep. The fact that he was holding her wrist was covered with the blanket.

"Nandini," said Mukti.

"Are you okay sitting there with Manik?"  Mukti asked her," I want to lie down and it wont be comfortable to have you sitting next to my feet."

"I  am good here," Nandini said.

"Finally," said Manik opening his eyes,"You arent going away from me ever. Saying so, he tightened his grip on her wrist and kissed her hand.

Nandini suppressed her smile and gave him an angry look.