Chap 20- Pairon mein bandhan hai

"So," said Mukti walking out of the swimming pool,"where are we staying for the night? Have you booked the resort Cabir where we stayed the last time?"

"I am afraid not," said Cabir, "We are saving money this time. So we are staying at the Babblebrook Inn."

"What nonsense!" yelled Mukti, " how will we stay at an ordinary inn and ........."

"Mukti," said Aliya walking upto them," Please dont get angry. Dhruv told me that this time his mom wants to pay for our trip and I agreed. But that expensive resort wasnt in their budget. I didnt want aunty to feel bad, so........."

"There was no need for this adjustment Aliya," said Dhruv, "Mom would have understood afterall."

"Yes," said Aliya," but I............"

"Aliya is right Dhruv," said Mukti," and its just one night."

"Come on buddy," said Manik," There isnt any adjustment in friendship. Aunty has been very generous afterall."

"And," said Cabir," I have confirmed that the place has a bathtub!"

"And how in the world did you confirm that?" asked Mukti.

"Well Liza and Arhan stayed there last weekend and you know........they posted some cozy pics and.......most of them were taken in the bathtub."

"Cabir, you.........you......I cant believe you....." said Mukti

"Come on Mukti," said Aliya," Cabir is Cabir."

"So we have three rooms," said Cabir, " and as always Mukti you are the lucky one. You always get to stay alone."

Aliya froze at her spot. She had absolutely forgotten their usual way of sharing rooms. She and Manik would share one room, Dhruv and Cabir would share one room and Mukti stayed alone. But this time, things were different. She didnt know what to do now. She looked at Manik who was tensed too.

Dhruv noticed the discomfort on Aliya's face and guessed what the matter was.

"Maybe their relationship deserves a second chance," he thought," maybe if they spend some time together.........."

AT THE ENGAGEMENT

Nandini was dressed in a beautiful net saree of sea green colour with a tinge of golden glitter. Navya wore her peach kanjivaram saree with gold earrings. Randheer was dressed in a golden sherwani while all the others looked elegant and graceful as well.

Nandini was helping the bride's sister in preparing the rangoli while Navya was sitting with the couple to be engaged and listening to their love story.

Randheer walked closer to Nandini and without her noticing, he clicked a few pictures of her. He smiled to himself and said," Nandini, thank you so much for all your help."

"Dont say that Randheer," she said, " the pleasure is all mine."

Outside the gates of the inn, the fab 5 arrived in their luxury cars. The hotel staff took their bags as they walked in.

"This way sir," one of the staff members guided them.

"Why all this chaos?" asked Aliya sounding irritated.

"There is an engagement ceremony mam."

"So," said Dhruv," it is the time for new beginnings afterall."

"What do you mean?" asked Aliya.

"Nothing," said Dhruv and walked ahead of her.

INSIDE THE PARTY

"Come on Nandini,"said Randheer,"you have to sing for us. My friends here are dying to hear your voice."

"But Randheer," she said," I.........I......"

"Dont hesitate Nandini," said Sumati," your singing will add glimmer to this event. Come on now. Take the mike."

With a little hesitation, Nandini finally took the mike and began singing-

Meanwhile, the fab 5 were arranging their stuff in their rooms. Since Aliya had to change her clothes, Manik had walked out and he was waiting in the sitting hall which was present just outside the party hall.

He leaned back and closed his eyes. Both his body and mind were very tired. He was dealing with his break-up and the stress to hide it from his friends, his mom was treating him worse than his enemies would ever treat him, Dhruv's attacks had become more frequent and................

Nandini's voice echoed loud and clear through the loudspeakers. Everyone present at the ring ceremony loved her voice and the function continued smoothly. 

"Jinhe milna hai, kuch bhi ho, aji mil jaate hain........." Nandini was singing and as she sang, Manik could hear her voice as well. 

"At least," he said," they arent playing those loud wedding songs. This is still better."

Nandini saw the couple exchange rings and felt very happy for them. 

"They look so happy," she said.

"Why not," said Navya," they have found their soulmate. Its the best feeling in the world!"

"How do you know?" asked Nandini," have you met your soulmate?"

"Not yet," said Navya, " but I know......."