Chap 17- The roadtrip

It was a windy morning in the city of Mumbai and Nandini was sitting on the terrace sipping her morning tea. It was early in the morning and everyone else was still asleep. Her throat felt even worse and she could sense that her fever was rising too. But she did not want to miss out on any of her lectures. So skipping college was a big no for her.

MALHOTRA MANSION

It was seven in the morning and Manik was still asleep. His sleep was broken by Nyonika's sharp and rude voice yelling at one of her employees.

"Nyonika again," he said," she wont ever let me be in peace."

Just then, he heard his phone beep and picked it up to look at the message.

"Roadtrip to Lonavla? What say?" It was Aliya's message and was a group message for fab 5.

Mukti, Cabir and Dhruv had already responded with a "yes" and they all were waiting for his reply. 

"I so love bunking college," he whispered to himself and replied to the message.

IN "THE SCHOLARS COLLEGE"

Nandini was walking towards her class when Randheer blocked her way.

"Good morning sir," she said politely.

"Sir again?" he said angrily," I told you to call me Randheer."

"I know," she said, "but there are so many students around and........And I dont want anyone to criticise you for anything."

" You neednt worry about that," he said his voice softening a little, " Nandini, I am quite at peace today because those fab 5 are not coming for practice. Dad told me that they had other important things to take care of."

" I see, " said Nandini.

" I was wondering," said Randheer, " if you would like to accompany me to Lonavla. I have to attend my best friend's engagement ceremony and I would really like some company."

" Randheer, its so very kind of you to have asked me but I really dont want to go. I hope you understand."

" Navya and Sumati are coming too," he said," and Shivam, Aryan and Vaibhav are also accompanying us. Come on Nandini, its going to be a group outing. And we leave after college and return early morning tomorrow. So you arent missing any of your lectures."

Nandini sighed. " I need to ask chachu and chachi about this," she said.

" I am sure you will convince them," he said.

AT MALHOTRA MANSION

" Both the cars are ready sir," the driver told Manik.

"But why do we need two cars?" Cabir asked Manik.

" Because Mukti says that she wants to drive and I just cant sit on the backseat. So you and I are taking one car and Aliya, Mukti and Dhruv shall take the other one."

" All right then," said Cabir," what are we waiting for? Lets go!"

Aliya was putting some baskets in the car when Dhruv came by.

" Thanks for arranging this trip Aliya," he said, " its always good to have some extra fun."

"You are most welcome," she said politely, " and let me tell you that Mukti is going to be driving so she is going to curse all along the way."

"I have my earphones," he said, " And you are going to be sitting next to her, not me."

" No one, " said Mukti walking upto them, " is going to sit next to me! Everyone keeps giving me driving advice and I hate it. So you both are taking the back seat."

" By the way Aliya, " said Mukti, " Cabir can come with us in this car. You and Manik can then enjoy your own sweet time then."

Aliya became worried that Mukti might sense that something is wrong between her and Manik. She wanted their break-up to remain a secret, especially from Mukti. Mukti wasnt good at handling situations like this and..........................................

"No, " said Dhruv," they just went out on a date last night. Dont you think that they have had enough of their sweet time?"

Mukti laughed it off and Aliya was so relieved.