lan wangji x poison expert!reader ❄️࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Angst with some fluff? 

▶ Female reader -- [Y/N] is a poison expert 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] stared calmly at the cup in her hand. She had taken it out of Lan Wangji's hand because she could tell it was poisoned. She had no idea why someone had tried to kill Lan Wangji of all people. She shrugged and said good luck to her health because the poison was probably a fast acting one. She downed the whole thing and felt fine. Whoever had made the poison did a really good job because it tasted just like sweet wine. [Y/N] knew that Lan Wangji would have never let her drink it if he had known it was poisoned but she had insisted because 1. he can't hold his liquor and 2. whoever had wanted to poison him would probably be really guilty when they looked over and saw that an innocent girl who was close to Lan Wangji had died instead of the intended target. 

Eyes looking up to the rest of the cultivators once she finished in the midst of everyone's applause and laughter, one of the older Clan Leader's eyes widen, evident of the man's shock, guilt, because this cup of poison had not been meant for the [H/C] haired girl it had been meant for Lan Wangji just as [Y/N] had suspected luckily, no one seems to think that anything is amiss and [Y/N] hoped that it stays that way as she excused herself as the rest of the cultivators begin to dine, wanting to be away from the crowds before the poison started to work. 

Lan Wangji glanced over and noticed that his female friend had gotten up and started to walk out of the hall. He quickly followed, wanting to make sure she was safe. 

"[Y/N]." 

Her own name startled her as she turned numbly back to see Lan Wangji standing there in all his glory. 

"[Y/N]." He called again seeing as the female didn't respond. 

[Y/N] blinked and realized that he was much closer than she thought. She placed a hand on her head. The poison really was fast acting. She muttered curses in her head. She didn't realize how fast acing it was. 

Lan Wangji placed his hands on the girls shoulders. She blinked up at him. "[Y/N], what happened? Why are you.. like this..?" He asked, concerned lacing his monotone tone. 

Her vision started to fade in and out. Sometimes his voice would sound close and other times it would sound very far away. She gained a splitting headache. The poison really was fast acting one. She had never come across such a poison before that was so fast. 'It.. must be.. custom.. made.' She thought wearily. 

"P..o..s..n..." [Y/N] muttered tiredly. Since when was she so tired? Her eyes closed and she started to fall backwards. Lan Wangji quickly caught the girl in his arms and he fell to the floor. His eyes widened as he remembered how she had insisted that she drink his liquor for him. "It...coudlnt be.." No one would try and kill him like that.. right? He really had done nothing to offend anyone else but yet here [Y/N] was, dying. 

He acted quickly and carried her bridal style. He slammed the doors opened and yelled for a doctor. 

The same older Clan Leaders eyes darted around the room as he tried to act normally. 

Let's hope [Y/N] will make it otherwise if they ever find out that it was he who was the cause he would be killed on the spot. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ No but like you guys are so sweet >///< I love you guys so much <333 Thank you so much for all your support!!

▶ And here, have another Lan Wangji story 

Completed : 7/20/2021