wei wuxian x reader 🥀࿐

▶ Requested by - @zLanWuxian

▶ Fluff with slight angst

▶ Female reader  - both are around 5 in this until the time skip 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hello.." 

Wei Ying lifted his head to see a girl around his age with [H/C] hair that blew in the wind. Her [E/C] eyes were looking at him curiously. She carried a mini basket on her arm and wore a [F/C] hanfu. 

She slowly stepped out of the sun and into the shadows that covered Wei Ying. 

He slowly backed away, eyes wide. 

"What are you doing out here all alone? Where are your parents?" She asked quickly, fumbling over her words a little. The boy stared because he finally realized what she asked. 

"M-my parents.. a-are g-gone.." He whispered, voice hoarse from the lack of water. 

The girl paused. Her face stayed the same and she continued to stare at the small boy. 

"Stay right there!" She announced before running off, hair flying behind her as she ran through the streets, avoiding and sometimes bumping into people, of course she apologized each time. 

The boy blinked owlishly at the spot where the girl once was. He didn't realize someone his age could be so..fast... It surprised him because he was so slow and weak, small. 

The girl didn't return for sometime. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"A-Niang! Father!" The girl called, running in. She nearly tripped but her father caught her. 

"Slow down dear!" He fretted and helped her get her balance while she tried to catch her breath. 

"A-[Y/N] no running in the house. You know this." A women with [H/C] hair came walking in. "Now, go and put the basket in the kitchen and get cleaned up for dinner."

[Y/N] opened her mouth to protest but her mother cut her off. "You came home later than usual, did something happen?" 

[Y/N] bit her lip and thought, before shaking her head. "I just found a stray dog. Can I go back and give it some food?" She lied smoothly and gave both her parents puppy-dog eyes. 

Her mother sighed, shaking her head in amusement while her father ruffled her head. "Come on let's fill that little basket of yours up again." He laughed, picking up the small girl and putting her on his shoulders. She squealed in excitement, momentarily forgetting about the boy waiting for her. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] rushed through the nearly empty streets now as the sun began to set, sending orange and yellow streams of light through the empty places where the sun could reach too. She did her best to hurry but she was only so fast as a five year old.